1. 1. Yes or No

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Mines called either "Bess" old family tradition to name black cars Bess, no idea why, just some thing thats always been done..

or "piece of ****" depends on what mood its in at the time :)

Sorry but I think it is a silly thing to do, after all it is just an inanimate object. I often wonder if those who name their car also name other objects, like their kitchen table or lawn mower etc. I always thought it was a girlie thing to do as they were the only ones known to me to do such a thing.

So having probably upset half the membership of LOC, I would point out that it is my personal opinion to which I am entitled.

Another pet hate of mine is people who refer to their car as 'SHE'. It is a thing for goodness sake, a sexless object which is neither male or female so what is wrong with refering to it as 'IT' the car won't mind at all.

It gives a temperamental object a bit of personality. And you end up bankrupting yourself on accessories and maintenance after you make a commitment. :)

lmao great stuff.

:offtopic:

I offered up a rear spoiler to mine and I swear I heard my car say

wait for it...

almost there...

"Does my b#m look big in this ?" :rolleyes:

PS mine is a Female :flowers: and she is un-originally called 'Lexy' :wub:

The lex is called lexee (yep original I know :whistling: )

The starlet is 'the tart' although I named it 'Tommy' when we first saw it but Barrie banned me from ever calling it that :tomato:

The 306 is called Poggy as Puggy is just way too common :lol:

The Zafira is known as the van as thats what its used as

My Roadster was called Mabel as I thought she (yes she was a she :P ) looked like a little old lady

& the kids named our old Escargo van Timmy which I think even the new owners still call it by

Personally I think its better to shout & scream at & be able to kick something with a name when it goes wrong or praise it when its going right B)

The starlet is 'the tart' although I named it 'Tommy' when we first saw it but Barrie banned me from ever calling it that :tomato:

My Roadster was called Mabel as I thought she (yes she was a she :P ) looked like a little old lady

& the kids named our old Escargo van Timmy which I think even the new owners still call it by

Personally I think its better to shout & scream at & be able to kick something with a name when it goes wrong or praise it when its going right B)

I have not named the Lex but the wife & her mate just call it The Ornament :rolleyes: because its hardly ever out the garage and when it is i'm always cleaning & polishing it :D

Same reason we name ships and refer to them as females. It gives a temperamental object a bit of personality. And you end up bankrupting yourself on accessories and maintenance after you make a commitment. :)

No it is not. Ships are given names in order to identify them to others. Cars are given number plates to identify them.

Yes Janey but you're a girly so that sorta proves my point, and of course Bazza has admitted being gay..what d'you do with my 'brass rubbing' btw, Steve reckons he hasn't seen it. :unsure:

Yes Janey but you're a girly so that sorta proves my point, and of course Bazza has admitted being gay..what d'you do with my 'brass rubbing' btw, Steve reckons he hasn't seen it. :unsure:

:lol: Good point :whistling: but I then the 'yays' are in the lead at the mo and I'm the only girly to reply so far :P

Your rubbing is sitting here in the office - I gave him the dimensions ;) but can't remember if i sent them down :blush: I'll fax it down to him in a mo :winky:

:lol: Good point :whistling: but I then the 'yays' are in the lead at the mo and I'm the only girly to reply so far :P

Your rubbing is sitting here in the office - I gave him the dimensions ;) but can't remember if i sent them down :blush: I'll fax it down to him in a mo :winky:

Nooooooooo im a girly 2 but kepp gettin referd 2 as Fella :duh:

2D = Trudi :winky:

:blush: Sorry....I thought you were one of the guys too - possibly as they hadn't all tried to set you up on a blind date yet :lol:

:blush: Sorry....I thought you were one of the guys too - possibly as they hadn't all tried to set you up on a blind date yet :lol:

Thats ok u show ur girly name n i dont im lazy :crybaby: