Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Remote Boot Release

In the hot weather the rubber seals become warm and therefore a wee bit stickier than normal. This can cause the boot to only pop up a bit, although there is nothing wrong with the mechanism, the rubber just doesn't separate as easily and needs you to give it a nudge. May just be that.

Keith

its not just in hot weather, when it rained a few weeks ago, went to open the boot and only poped up again a inch or 2. but when you release the boot from in the car, the boot pops up almost half way...maybe jus one of them things i guess.

guess i'm one of the lucky ones, mines a 2000 and as long as the seals are cleaned after its rained, my boot pops up all the way

I have no spoiler either, incase this is relevent

(:offtopic: I recently won an eBay (US) item for a spoiler, with brakelight, ready painted in kensington green 6q7, advertised as new, and the pics looked genuine enough, for $49.99!!! Clicky postage was $200 though :( )

he has a few spoilers for sale at the mo, just incase anyone else is looking for one who has that kind of postage cash spare :S

guess i'm one of the lucky ones, mines a 2000 and as long as the seals are cleaned after its rained, my boot pops up all the way

(:offtopic: I recently won an ebay (US) item for a spoiler, with brakelight, ready painted in kensington green 6q7, advertised as new, and the pics looked genuine enough, for $49.99!!! postage was $200 though :( )

I know this is :offtopic: but $200?????? Flamin' hell that's the most postage I've ever seen. Mind you on fleabay, you don't make profit on the item, you make it on postage.

Keith

(:offtopic: I recently won an ebay (US) item for a spoiler, with brakelight, ready painted in kensington green 6q7, advertised as new, and the pics looked genuine enough, for $49.99!!! postage was $200 though :( )

I know this is :offtopic: but $200?????? Flamin' hell that's the most postage I've ever seen. Mind you on fleabay, you don't make profit on the item, you make it on postage.

Keith

I checked a couple of couriers myself from Florida to UK, and they too came up well over $150 so I left it