Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

B&n Shortshifter

EvO3LEX

I have tried to fit today, but i am not sure what i am doing wrong, their are 2 pins sticking out either side of the gear shift which the orginal gear shift leaver appears to lock into, but these seem to foul the movement on the B&N shifter, do i need to strip any of the plastic sleeve off the orginal shifter? The car i am trying to fit it to is a 2003 Is 200 Sport. Any help much appriciated.

I have tried to fit today, but i am not sure what i am doing wrong, their are 2 pins sticking out either side of the gear shift which the orginal gear shift leaver appears to lock into, but these seem to foul the movement on the B&N shifter, do i need to strip any of the plastic sleeve off the orginal shifter? The car i am trying to fit it to is a 2003 Is 200 Sport. Any help much appriciated.

Dont really know what you mean, but no you dont have to take anything of the original shifter

Yes i have, their are 2 pins sticking across the top edge to locate the orginal plastic collar on the stick.

Yes i know the one you mean, has slits down the side of it.

And has the B&M one got one on ?

You have to wiggle the plastic end(bottom of Q shift) to get it passed the 2 pins

No, just like a ball with a plastic socket and a flat shape ball as on the B&M website.

You have to wiggle the plastic end(bottom of Q shift) to get it passed the 2 pins

I have got it fully seated at one time, but will not locate the gears, it seems to foul on the pins.

No, just like a ball with a plastic socket and a flat shape ball as on the B&M website.

I have got it fully seated at one time, but will not locate the gears, it seems to foul on the pins.

Im 99% sure that mine fitted with the 2 pin in place.i know 100% the TRD one use's the pins

Will the pins come out, and are you sure that you have the right shifter for the car ?

I cant see how the pins come out and it is the one listed for the car 2000 and up Lexus is200 part number - 45159/45095.

It looks like the pins are rivited in, if so do they have to come out? Has anyone else fitted a B&M to a 2003 sport?

Thanks for all your help so far.

I cant see how the pins come out and it is the one listed for the car 2000 and up Lexus is200 part number - 45159/45095.

It looks like the pins are rivited in, if so do they have to come out? Has anyone else fitted a B&M to a 2003 sport?

Mine was 2003 sport that b&m was fitted to.

I just rang lexus jim, as i know he fitted the b&m one into his car after mine, and he saying same thing, fitted with the pins in place mate.

Other than you have the wrong shifter(may have been put in wrong box)i dont know what else it could be.

Mine was 2003 sport that b&m was fitted to.

I just rang lexus jim, as i know he fitted the b&m one into his car after mine, and he saying same thing, fitted with the pins in place mate.

Other than you have the wrong shifter(may have been put in wrong box)i dont know what else it could be.

thanks for your help il give it another go tomorrow