Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Car & A Few Niggles

Well the dead has been done and our new 220 SE has been delivered.

Well chuffed with the comfort & smoothness, Sound system is top notch even without the MM upgrade.

However on 2nd day the car is already booked into garage, whoever did the PDI did an excellent job of puting more scratches on the car than my record collection after a cat has danced all over it. Scratches on the OS Rear wing, front bumper (N/s), NS Wing and NS Mirror mount. Salesman told me that should be able to be removed by a machine polisher, not so sure but will wait and see.

The car did come with the vibrating mirror, notably when the stereo is up loud or you try and accelerate in 6th below 70MPH.

Wife is going to drive it 90% of the time and has asked about reversing sensors, I know that you can get LPA 400, does anyone know how much I should expect to pay to get these fitted aftermarket. Obviously as the car is going to get scrathces removed the fitting could be done a bit cheaper as a token gesture.

Any info on the reversing sensor & mirror would be appreciated.

Hello and welcome

Had the sensors fitted when i bought the car but think they were about £400 inc fitting. they also do not show on the display when reversing they only beep unlike what it shows in the manual but they do the job just fine just check the paint job when finished as they have to spray them. Also a bit off topic keep an eye on the inside track of your front tyres they wear very fast and you could come a cropper and if possible fit some eibach lowering springs the ride change and handling is unbelievable and good replacement tyres are Falken fk452 you can fit 255/45 on the rear and 235/45 on the front amazing grip and half the price of stock items and much better. don't use that 6 gear until after your 10k service its a waste of time and is completely different after. if your into modding etc drop a reply and can tell you what works etc. Above all ENJOY the ride it does get better with time.

Well the dead has been done and our new 220 SE has been delivered.

Well chuffed with the comfort & smoothness, Sound system is top notch even without the MM upgrade.

However on 2nd day the car is already booked into garage, whoever did the PDI did an excellent job of puting more scratches on the car than my record collection after a cat has danced all over it. Scratches on the OS Rear wing, front bumper (N/s), NS Wing and NS Mirror mount. Salesman told me that should be able to be removed by a machine polisher, not so sure but will wait and see.

The car did come with the vibrating mirror, notably when the stereo is up loud or you try and accelerate in 6th below 70MPH.

Wife is going to drive it 90% of the time and has asked about reversing sensors, I know that you can get LPA 400, does anyone know how much I should expect to pay to get these fitted aftermarket. Obviously as the car is going to get scrathces removed the fitting could be done a bit cheaper as a token gesture.

Any info on the reversing sensor & mirror would be appreciated.

I got mine fitted and was going to be £500 for the LPA 400, but i wanted both rear and front and got the LPA 800(front and rear) for the same price. Although this was part of the deal before anything was signed.

Welcome,

the paint stuation is down to poor prep no doubt and they will fix it

The gearing- well the handbook on mine states that you should only use 6th over 75mh, so it's of not much official use in the UK> Having said that, after approx 5k it improves, and significantly more after 10k, and you'll get away with using 6th at the legal limit on the motorway. Fuel economy goes up drastically too...by 10% or more.

Shop around for the sensors...they are simple devices and much cheaper as aftermarket and go to a reputable shop/fitter. It'll save you hundreds...

Garage has come back and as a gesture of good will have offered to fit rear sensors for £350 should be £500 or Front & Rear for £500 should be £700.

Know I could get them cheaper but don't know how this would affect warranty... Oh well Mrs will just need a wait bit longer for her number plate...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links