Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Headlight Bulbs? Which Ones Please

dibsLPG

Just bought a set of xtreme white xenons off autobulbs on eBay, looking up close at the HB3's one of the nipples on the top of the bulb is inverted, and one poking out is this gonna be a problem or is it normal and just the way they cam off the machine?

Also the 501 bulbs look really blue are these gonna have a blue tint when they are on?

Any help appreciated :whistling:

Cheers

Pedros

http://www.designfreedom.co.uk

• 2 weeks later...

I brought a set of Xenon bulbs, the headlights are fine, but the side lights are rubbish..tbh u can hardly see them at night, not joking..can the side light be inserted wrong way round by any chance? Cos they do jacks**t. Im even thinking about changing back to the OEM ones (cos even they are brighter by far). I don;t think its defect as both side light is the same. Can anyone recormened me some side light bulbs that you can actually see light coming off from? I see the ones from autobulbs, they have the quad LED bright sidelights, but then i saw near the bottom saying for off road and show only lol. I drive alot through the country roads, so light is very important to me. Also whats all this HID thingy business? i see them on eBay and its really expensive, is it just brighter lights? Cheers!

I've got the ultra bright 501w led's in my side lights and they are a lot brighter than standard they even light up the road in front of the car? The HID's are one of the best mods i've done to the lex, the light they give out is so much brighter even though they are only 35watt bulbs compared to the 55watt that are fitted as standard they use less power than standard and give a whiter light instead of the dull yellow of a standard bulb and worth every penny :D

How much were your's Chris ?

Paid £75 for the set i got off eBay in the 8000k quite a nice blue/white light and not got a bad beam pattern for a hid kit as some are realy flared but mine have a good centre and a not a bad cut off :whistling: Think if i got another set i'd go for the 6000k-65000k as there a bit whiter :D

• 2 weeks later...
Linky ?????

I bought the WHITE Xenon bulbs HEADLAMP from eBay and must say its great the main beam bulb looks brill when during the day because it has a blue tint and tints headlights blue too. :D

Only problem is that i want the same type again for the Foggers but not sure which type they are? Any help please and mostlikly i will order them from the same chaps at Autobulbs direct on feebay..

Cheers

Dibslpg

ps. How do you upload pictures to this site? :blush: did a quick search and got confusssed so a idiots guide or a linky is appreceated? :P

Hi Dibs ,

I use http://photobucket.com for photo hosting. I upload pics there

and then use the link for the picture in a post by clicking the small

picture on the left of the smily icon to add the image to a post.

IS 200 bulbs

Xenon HB4/9006 Dipped

Xenon HB3/9005 Main beam

Xenon HB4/9006 Front Fog

2003 on> Front Fog H3

Xenon (or LED) 501W sidelight

Hope this sorts you out matey :D

Hi Dibs ,

I use http://photobucket.com for photo hosting. I upload pics there

and then use the link for the picture in a post by clicking the small

picture on the left of the smily icon to add the image to a post.

IS 200 BULBS

xenon HB4/9006 Dipped

xenon HB3/9005 Main beam

xenon HB4/9006 Front Fog

2003 on> Front Fog H3

xenon (or LED) 501W sidelight

Hope this sorts you out matey :D

Thanks a lot DJ Wozza,fo rthe tip on the Fogger bulbs "Xenon HB4/9006 Front Fog" will have a quick look and post back up with a some pic's very shortly :winky:

Cheers

Dibslpg

Hi again, on the same note of Headlights, How can i keep them damp free please? :crybaby:

I have installed the Demon eyes and re-sealed (silicone) the lights several months ago and ever since I have never had them completely dry.. :crybaby: :tsktsk: . After a hand wash I get mist in one light, after it rains it does the same.. Now with the weather getting worse both lights have mist/damp in them.. :tsktsk:

I have silicone sealed the lights and put extra beading along the top and sides etc.. the only place that i can see moisture can get in is the hole left behind by the dim bulb-holders-. :blush: But i have the Demon eyes wiring coming out of that and it's taped up has best has I can.. Still the moisture gets in :tsktsk: :tomato:

I am going to re-seal this hole with Silicone? And tape it up too this weekend..

Any suggestions to make the Headlights water tight permanently?... please before the water mess's the lights up totally..

Cheers :winky:

Dibslpg..

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links