Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fitting A New Head Unit!

Hi,

I have been a guest to this forum for some time!! Took the plunge and bought an is200 sport....possibly the best decision of my motoring life.

After the all-too common ERR3 shutdown of my factory fit unit I bought a Pioneer AVP-5700DVD Unit and Pioneer CD-IB100 Ipod adapter.

No problem with fitting the unit, fascia etc all went well.

However...connecting the head unit to the speakers involves locating the standard amplifier......any clues???

Also, once found...will it run the new head unit to the standard speakers??

Please help me out....im pretty bloody useless at this stuff!!

Joe

Pretty sure the standard amp is under the glove box on the right hand side (i think this is right sorry if not).

I think it wont run the new headunit on the standard speakers as you have to bypass the amp you will have to buy a bypass lead. Someone will be along shortly if i have posted incorrectly.

Welcome to the LOC as well.

Pretty sure the standard amp is under the glove box on the right hand side (i think this is right sorry if not).

And i think it will run on the standard speakers but i think it doesnt work very well with rear speakers so you may have to change. Someone will be along shortly if i have posted incorrectly.

Welcome to the LOC as well.

external amplifier is behind the glove box on the left, its held in with 2 nuts, if ur looking to bypass this and hook up the factory speakers to new Hu the is a iso loom you can buy off eBay that makes it quite easy to do. Hope that helps

Hello and welcome mate :) the amp in an is200 sport is on the left hand side of your car behind the glove box a silver box? to connect your aftermarket stereo you will need a wiring harness to connect it to the amp lead you can get these from eBay like this 1:lead link or theres this one : another lead link hope this helps a bit mate i'm sure some of the guys on here will be along soon who have done it all before as there a helpfull bunch and a good bunch at that? :D

Chris...... :)

IRLRs200 beat me to it... :D

to connect your aftermarket stereo you will need a wiring harness to connect it to the amp you can get these from ebay

Actually you dont connect it to the amp you take the connection from the amp and plug the wiring harness onto this. Gotta learn to type faster lads!

to connect your aftermarket stereo you will need a wiring harness to connect it to the amp you can get these from ebay

Actually you dont connect it to the amp you take the connection from the amp and plug the wiring harness onto this. Gotta learn to type faster lads!

Hence it being called an amp bypass lead? :blush: thankyou for the correction matey :D mind i did find the links for the lead :P