Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Supercharger

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im looking for a supercharger had a look at prolex site 4,700 :shutit: when i wasnt interested they were selling one on ebay for 1,799 now i have that kind of money they stopped doing it anyone know if there going to do that again :shifty:

No mate, he sold then all, a that price (uk stock)

I think TDI have them for £2200 on TDI web site.

If your car is auto ? and you are planing on more power at a later date, you might want to think again, as your gearbox might not take the extra power.

im looking for a supercharger had a look at prolex site 4,700 :shutit: when i wasnt interested they were selling one on ebay for 1,799 now i have that kind of money they stopped doing it anyone know if there going to do that again :shifty:

If your car is auto ? and you are planing on more power at a later date, you might want to think again, as your gearbox might not take the extra power.

got any suggestions gord want more power but if my gear box is going to blow as i have an auto then thats something i dont want i heard there was a few auto supercharged out just wasnt sure on the reliability.

thanks for the heads aswell :winky:

got any suggestions gord want more power but if my gear box is going to blow as i have an auto then thats something i dont want i heard there was a few auto supercharged out just wasnt sure on the reliability.

You will be ok with standard supercharger :winky: just dont go above 250bhp

is that the one that tdi are selling :question:

tried finding out info in there site but didnt succed any idea if that kit comes complete ready to bolt on and go :whistling:

Well this is from TDI web site.

TTE Supercharger for £2200.00, fitted for £2,800~£3,100 depending on each individual vehicle.

Usually, the newer the vehicle the less time (and hence money) the kit takes to fit.

Adding 32% more power, and 27% more torque to the IS200, the bolt-on supercharger kit will transform the baby Lexus into the car it should have been. Please call for more details.

Sounds like the same to me, can get it fitted for you cheaper :winky:

TTE Supercharger for £2200.00, fitted for £2,800~£3,100 depending on each individual vehicle.

Usually, the newer the vehicle the less time (and hence money) the kit takes to fit.

Adding 32% more power, and 27% more torque to the IS200, the bolt-on supercharger kit will transform the baby Lexus into the car it should have been. Please call for more details.

I have a genuine question here and im not starting a fight!!!

But what do you get extra during the fitting compared to what the guys got from Prolex it just seems like a lot of money to get fitted compared to Prolex's price?

Does the price include timing belt etc?

And as i said this is a genuine question and dont want a war here.

I have a genuine question here and im not starting a fight!!!

But what do you get extra during the fitting compared to what the guys got from Prolex it just seems like a lot of money to get fitted compared to Prolex's price?

Does the price include timing belt etc?

And as i said this is a genuine question and dont want a war here.

but prolex are charging 4700 inc fitting :wacko:

Yes but that is a different install all together that is including internals too cant remember what exactly.

The supercharger that we were talking about Prolex were selling them for a special price of £1750 or £1850 fitted and if you were a gold member you got 10% off that again.

What i was asking was why is it a good bit more for the fitting from tdi its maybe that there is more done im not sure?

If its just for standard fitment it might be an idea to buy one and fit it yourself as i did a few weeks back or get your local garage to fit it as im sure it will be cheaper.

1. I know the Parts price is different than that offered by Pro-Lex some time back

£1,750 plus fitting vs £2,200 TDI supplied plus fitting BUT THAT is supply + demand.

2. Is the TDI S/C EXACTLY the same TTE supercharger kit as fitted by Pro-Lex ?

Just wondering why Pro-Lex were offering a £100 fitting charge (with a long drive if you live down south)

where TDI want betwen £600-£900 more depending on vehicle for fitting ?

What more do you get for your money , if anything at all ?

£600-900 is a lot of difference and buys lots more goodies for the LEX if nothing extra.

I bought my Lexus about a year too late, next may I will be sniffing

round for my S/C when my Extended Warranty runs out.

Inlet or Exhaust or Both ? (and no disrespect intended Jamie)

Do we know that for sure thats is the difference between the S/C

parts Kits offered by Pro-Lex + TDI ?

If so the price difference for Parts is obvious, not too sure about the

£100 vs £600-900 labour difference in fitting 1 or possibly 2 manifolds tho ?

I was under the impression that the reason for the hike in price of supercharger kits being offered now, is that TTE have included an exhaust manifold with all kits they now produce. Therefore you are shelling out an extra £XXX.XX for additional parts.

When it comes down to the difference in cost between the two companies - TDi and P'Lex.... I'm not too sure. I know that TDi state on their advertisement for the TTE SUpercharger kit, that this includes a revised air box and ECU.

Jamie

both basic kits were the same, they are both from TTE. there are different versions of the kit tho - older kits had a fibreglass airbox - newer kits have a plastic airbox., along with an improved bypass spring.

If you buy a kit in germany you have to go to TTE in Koln for fitting - tte will fit a different manifold with metal precats and also the newer silver electronic ECU.

Yes but why the difference in fitting charges? Tdi can you answer this please?

I would imagine that the difference in fitting costs is due to the different charge out rates, which is a function of the capabilities and location of the company. We charge £80 plus vat per hour (less Gold Member discount).

I woud sugest that a basic duel dilligence analysis is indertaken prior to making a choice of service provider, similar to those mentioned here

For those unaware, the Tuning Industry is awash with Dreamers and Incompetents because there are no barriers to entry. Anyone with a keyboard and set of fingers can create a web site business with misleading and unsubstatiated claims. Unfortunately the clients often don't realise that until it's too late.

Over the last couple of years we have had several victims come to us to put thing right that were done badly "on the cheap" which ended up being more expensive than having it done properly in the 1st place. We have a perfect example of that in the workshop at moment. Thirty five faults by a trader on mkivsupras.net.

The good news is that "natural selection" seems to be kicking in at the moment - at least 4 companies at the bottom end of the tuning industry that I know have gone out of business in the last few weeks.

The advice I can offer anyone is this:

1. Undertake basic due dilligence as mentioned above.

2. Ask the company to provide details of satisfied clients.

3. Visit the company to make sure you feel comfortable with the people you are intend dealing with

I hope this helps a little :)

So the extra fitting cost is just due to your hourly rate?

Nothing extra is done or added, is this correct or have i missed something :unsure: sorry if i have.

Hi Rikos,

I hope you appreciate that I can only speak for what we do here. I don't know or have any interest in what other garages do or how they charge - that's their business.

We don't have a fixed price for fitting anything because we work on a "time spent" basis which we find to be fairer to everyone.

I would imagine that the difference in fitting costs is due to the different charge out rates, which is a function of the capabilities and location of the company. We charge £80 plus vat per hour (less Gold Member discount).

I woud sugest that a basic duel dilligence analysis is indertaken prior to making a choice of service provider, similar to those mentioned here

For those unaware, the Tuning Industry is awash with Dreamers and Incompetents because there are no barriers to entry. Anyone with a keyboard and set of fingers can create a web site business with misleading and unsubstatiated claims. Unfortunately the clients often don't realise that until it's too late.

Over the last couple of years we have had several victims come to us to put thing right that were done badly "on the cheap" which ended up being more expensive than having it done properly in the 1st place. We have a perfect example of that in the workshop at moment. Thirty five faults by a trader on mkivsupras.net.

The good news is that "natural selection" seems to be kicking in at the moment - at least 4 companies at the bottom end of the tuning industry that I know have gone out of business in the last few weeks.

3. Visit the company to make sure you feel comfortable with the people you are intend dealing with

I understand what you are saying. I work for an major oil service provider and we as a company charge more than 50% more than any other company in our field. Work is really picking up now as our customers now realise we do the job right the first time, our personel are highly trained in their jobs and more importantly our equipment has a very high standard and we have minimum breakdowns/downtime. This then in turn saves them money as some instalations have a rate of £1/4M per 24hr period

Your prices could be as much as 400% more for the same fitment as what Prolex/Charlesworth gives. Also i think Steve must have proved his service as he has fitted many Superchargers? I cant see why that is in question.Also even at £80 an hour that about 10 hours is this really how long it takes to do?

But at the end of the day its your business and it must be working and i wish you every success.

I understand what you are saying. I work for an major oil service provider and we as a company charge more than 50% more than any other company in our field. Work is really picking up now as our customers now realise we do the job right the first time, our personel are highly trained in their jobs and more importantly our equipment has a very high standard and we have minimum breakdowns/downtime. This then in turn saves them money as some instalations have a rate of £1/4M per 24hr period

Your prices could be as much as 400% more for the same fitment as what Prolex/Charlesworth gives. Also i think Steve must have proved his service as he has fitted many Superchargers? I cant see why that is in question.Also even at £80 an hour that about 10 hours is this really how long it takes to do?

But at the end of the day its your business and it must be working and i wish you every success.

Hi Rod,

It's good to know that there is an understanding of some of the issues involved :)

I am not qualified nor am I prepared to comment on what another company charges for their work.

We normally allow between 8 and 12 hours to present the conversion to what we consider to be a minimum acceptable professional standard. I have heard that other people have done it quicker but I have no idea to what standard.

Thats interesting? Maybe i could get a job i fitted mine in around 10 hours by myself and alone. I had my share of problems too and its going good and i did a very tidy job even if i say so myself. What are the wages per hour? Say £60 p/h? :D

Im sure ill get quicker with practice . Honest.