Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Car Tax After Sorn

CadeyIS200

As some of you may be aware i have been away for the last 10 months, and today the day has come to get the Lexus sorted for the road, it has had it's MOT i have the insurance starting at 12am on the 15th, but for some strange reason known to only the English laws i am not allowed to tax it till tommorow. Although i would be spending the same amount on the tax regardless of it being the 1st day of the month or the last. And surely if they were to give me the tax today then surely it would be my own fault if i was to drive, and not the post office itself. So now I have to wait till 8am tommorow morning, i then need to walk down to the post office and then walk back and place the tax in my car, not a problem i will only be 3 hours late for work. Sometimes this country really does annoy me, I appreciate there are bad people out there but why have we all been branded the same. This country is in a mess and they really need to take a look at thereselves.

RANT OVER

As some of you may be aware i have been away for the last 10 months, and today the day has come to get the Lexus sorted for the road, it has had it's MOT i have the insurance starting at 12am on the 15th, but for some strange reason known to only the English laws i am not allowed to tax it till tommorow. Although i would be spending the same amount on the tax regardless of it being the 1st day of the month or the last. And surely if they were to give me the tax today then surely it would be my own fault if i was to drive, and not the post office itself. So now I have to wait till 8am tommorow morning, i then need to walk down to the post office and then walk back and place the tax in my car, not a problem i will only be 3 hours late for work. Sometimes this country really does annoy me, I appreciate there are bad people out there but why have we all been branded the same. This country is in a mess and they really need to take a look at thereselves.

RANT OVER

I'm guesing the tax that you will give you tomorrow will start from the begining of next month, where as if you went and got it today it would start from the begining of this month, so as such you are saving yourself 1/2 a months tax, although I'm not sure of the legalities of wether you can legally drive it for the next two weeks as it isn't currently taxed and the tax you will have doesn't start until September :unsure:

mmm I think I've even confused myself now :whistling:

reason is because you have chosen to have the car insured effective 15th, so at point of taxing on 14th the car is not insured. If it was being taxed from 1st of month and insurance was same it isn't a problem as the tax is not valid until that date, but if you tax today it is valid from today, and the paperwork you have presented doesn't comply with the requirements. simplest way round it would have been to tax it from today. law is not at fault as it is to stop people driving with invalid insurance etc. yes you may have been able to choose not to drive until tomorrow and it is your fault if you do, but the law is in place to stop that happening.

Why go to the Post Office, I assume you have one of the new style MOT certs so just do it on line HERE. I print out the receipts to prove I have paid, just in case, and keep them till the disc appears in the post. Easy :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links