Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What an eye opener it's been finding this forum. There are problems with lots of cars that you only find out about through ownership, after reading these postings you become aware of the cars shortcomings, how many times have we been back to a dealer highlighting some problem or other only to be faced by a look of incredulity, the aim of which is to try and convince us that our particular complaint is a world first in that cars history. I've never had a Lexus, never even ridden in one but feel I probably know as much about them than any car I've owned. I've been to a few dealerships already, haven't been to the same one twice, don't want to appear too interested, can't do with the follow up hassle, I could go along now thinking "I know a hell of a lot more about these cars than you think". and that is what I will be doing. I've not been put off, yet.

Are there any other similar sites for cars that are so easy to access. Some I've noticed seem to be run by the manufacturer.

Gotta say a word about Jamboo, he worries me, his next posting could be in obituaries if he doesn't lighten up.

Believe me buddy - it is stressful. The forum in black and white makes things sound harsher than reality. I am chuffed with the Lexus overall, I'm just seeking perfection.

There are little things which frustrate more than the big things. All of those biggies have been resolved.

As far as Lexus ownership is concerned, it is actually pretty good. Far better then the opposition overall...at least you are treated very well by dealers and technicians who actually know something!

I just hope day in day out that LGB and others in "power" will look at these forums and take the comments seriously. I am becoming more pationate about Lexus overall and know that the reasons I chose the Lexus are still there and sound, despite my issues.

I've said before that buying a Lexus is like buying a rather expensive swiss watch...even that can go wrong - it;s how the dealer and maker treat you which is key - for that Lexus in my experience are better than most.

Never been too passionate that way about any other manufacturer, barring Audi, who in my book still make a car that is comparable to the Lexus and in my humble opinion I still think it shades the Lexus from a quality of materials perspective. It might be sombre and staid, and less equipped, but the engineering is a masterpiece in some places! You only have to look at the door hinges and retainers, the way the doors, even the boot, shuts etc. Makes you smile. The Lexus has strong residuals, enviable badge, and rarity. It wins on those counts hands down. Then when you consider the sheer VFM, you'd be mad to go elsewhere!! Even now, if I had to replace my Lexus, where would I go?

It would probably be another one... B)

I really want to buy another Lexus after this one, and have one eye on a GS and another on the RX - both hybrids...time will tell. If I had a third eye, it would be on the RS4 but it would have to be a 3-4 year old one, and would I really buy such a high performance saloon that is so old? Dunno really!! It would have to be owned by a man of the cloth and 20K with FSH!

....In the meantime I think I do want Lexus to get all of these little things sorted...so I and others can enjoy what is a rare, but beautiful car.

It's forums like this with the great people on it that give me hope. Else I would have jacked it in ages ago...and if I were to get these issues with any other marque, I would have accepted it and never really complained!

Anyway, my dealer has risen to the challenge, always treats me with respect, and they give it 100%. For that I am grateful, and others should also take some satisfation from it.

Exiled, you could do a lot worse by not buying one of these Lexus cars - on balance they are excellent!! Go drive one...especially the Auto. You'll be pining for one!! Sheer refinement alone is awesome, and if you drive the GS or RX, you'll see exactly what I mean!!

Believe me buddy - it is stressful. The forum in black and white makes things sound harsher than reality. I am chuffed with the Lexus overall, I'm just seeking perfection.

There are little things which frustrate more than the big things. All of those biggies have been resolved.

As far as Lexus ownership is concerned, it is actually pretty good. Far better then the opposition overall...at least you are treated very well by dealers and technicians who actually know something!

I just hope day in day out that LGB and others in "power" will look at these forums and take the comments seriously. I am becoming more pationate about Lexus overall and know that the reasons I chose the Lexus are still there and sound, despite my issues.

I've said before that buying a Lexus is like buying a rather expensive swiss watch...even that can go wrong - it;s how the dealer and maker treat you which is key - for that Lexus in my experience are better than most.

Never been too passionate that way about any other manufacturer, barring Audi, who in my book still make a car that is comparable to the Lexus and in my humble opinion I still think it shades the Lexus from a quality of materials perspective. It might be sombre and staid, and less equipped, but the engineering is a masterpiece in some places! You only have to look at the door hinges and retainers, the way the doors, even the boot, shuts etc. Makes you smile. The Lexus has strong residuals, enviable badge, and rarity. It wins on those counts hands down. Then when you consider the sheer VFM, you'd be mad to go elsewhere!! Even now, if I had to replace my Lexus, where would I go?

I really want to buy another Lexus after this one, and have one eye on a GS and another on the RX - both hybrids...time will tell. If I had a third eye, it would be on the RS4 but it would have to be a 3-4 year old one, and would I really buy such a high performance saloon that is so old? Dunno really!! It would have to be owned by a man of the cloth and 20K with FSH!

....In the meantime I think I do want Lexus to get all of these little things sorted...so I and others can enjoy what is a rare, but beautiful car.

It's forums like this with the great people on it that give me hope. Else I would have jacked it in ages ago...and if I were to get these issues with any other marque, I would have accepted it and never really complained!

Anyway, my dealer has risen to the challenge, always treats me with respect, and they give it 100%. For that I am grateful, and others should also take some satisfation from it.

Exiled, you could do a lot worse by not buying one of these Lexus cars - on balance they are excellent!! Go drive one...especially the Auto. You'll be pining for one!! Sheer refinement alone is awesome, and if you drive the GS or RX, you'll see exactly what I mean!!

It's on the cards Jamboo, but not for a few months yet. got maturing funds after xmas.

Initial choice was BMW 525d, but decided it was too big, as only need back seats occasional, then saw new 3 series coupe, more room in back than IS 250 though more difficult to get to it. Fancied 330d but with leather, walnut, folding mirrors, floor mats, auto box and front pdc it comes out at 36K and not much off through DTD. Don't want to spend that much anyway, not impressed with dealer, wouldn't return my calls, nothing worse in my book, that was it for me, I took my bat home.

Got mini from same dealer, completely different experience, small operation, they only employ a couple of sales staff and the odd mechanic we are treated as well as we ever have been. There's a message in there somewhere.

Keep your chin up.

It's on the cards Jamboo, but not for a few months yet. got maturing funds after xmas.

Initial choice was BMW 525d, but decided it was too big, as only need back seats occasional, then saw new 3 series coupe, more room in back than IS 250 though more difficult to get to it. Fancied 330d but with leather, walnut, folding mirrors, floor mats, auto box and front pdc it comes out at 36K and not much off through DTD. Don't want to spend that much anyway, not impressed with dealer, wouldn't return my calls, nothing worse in my book, that was it for me, I took my bat home.

Got mini from same dealer, completely different experience, small operation, they only employ a couple of sales staff and the odd mechanic we are treated as well as we ever have been. There's a message in there somewhere.

Keep your chin up.

I've got to say Jamboo has given some of us interested motorist and Lexus owners a rather interesting perspective in the day to day life of an Lexus IS owner. In fact Jamboo your posts could be converted into a novel or even a play!!

It's been fascinating, believe me - Love, hate, happy, sad, frustrated, elated, angry, thoughtful, philosophical, honest, moody, sadistic, moaner, suicidal, contemplative, excited etc etc. It's got the lot.

Exiled, I don't think Jamboo is ready to die! Yet in the end, or are we somewhere in the middle with a twist or two to come, this fascinating insight in the world of Lexus is so much more revealing than any brochure or salesman could ever convey.

And Jamboo is not the only one on this forum to tell it as it is.

You are right Exile, this forum is an eye opener, and the better for it.

Lexus owners are very passionate about their cars, and feel very protective, like a parent and child relationship, love reveals all.

Well done Jamboo, sometimes you have frustrated me, sometimes your zeal and enthusiasm, gratifying. Other times.........?

I to feel that my next car will be a Lexus (IS-F, IS-CV, GSh, LSh, because when you add up all the pros and cons, the high and lows, it is by far the best ownership experience. VFM IMO there is no other choice.

I look forward to further revelations into 'a day in the life of a Lexus'.

I know exactly what you are saying Jamboo. As you know I too have had my ups and downs but whatever problems I get I can't discount that the overall package of the car is a good one. Although there are different bits that are better on other cars I think the Lex wins hands down. I have really come to love the car whilst it has held together. Even though mine has been back to the dealers more than any other car I have had it's a pleasant experience none the less and it is this that makes the issues bearable. If there's one thing I hate is that the dealer can play dumb sometimes. Like Exiled said "our particular complaint is a world first in that cars history" is what annoys me when i am in a dealer trying to explain a particular issue that I have had. Having already read that other Lex owners on this site have also had the same issue and it is known to Lex as they have provided a fix for that particular issue to be told that it's the first time that this issue has been reported as there is nothing in the Lex database about it. Another the other hand it's when the car is tested and I'm told that how the car is, we've tested others and they are the same..... It doesn't mean it's right though does it!!!!!! Don't treat me like I'm stupid.... Please...

Anyway, the love for the Lex and the dealers remain and I was even tempted to get an IS SEL auto for a while at the last visit. I have a manual and seriously regret not getting the auto.

If I could turn the clock back would I buy an IS? Without doubt. Like Jamboo I also tested and looked at a lot of other premium badged cars but I still think that the Lex has the best overall package. It's quiet, very comfortable, packed with toys, gorgeous looks and is a rare sight on the roads. It is also quite a talking point when we have friends over for a bar-b or even at work when people ask whose car it is when the car park is already full of BM's, Merc's and Audi's.

For anyone reading this is thinking of whether or not to get a Lexus, get one, you will not be disappointed.......

You guys'll have to watch this space ^_^

It's been a fun 18 months actually - I've learnt a lot about cars, people, Lexus etc. and some of it's tarnished in me for ever, but the overall feeling is still reasonably positive...

At the end of the day, there is no REAL alternative and the car still makes me smile...

You guys'll have to watch this space ^_^

It's been a fun 18 months actually - I've learnt a lot about cars, people, Lexus etc. and some of it's tarnished in me for ever, but the overall feeling is still reasonably positive...

At the end of the day, there is no REAL alternative and the car still makes me smile...

Jamboo,

We've all read about your up's and down's but it's that last sentence that's important, priceless in fact.