Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The Car That Parks Itself

DJ Wozza

Chris do you get free work done by www.girlfriendparkedmycaranditsfooked.com ?

No matey but i'll look into it maybe get a group discount :lol: Mind i've found a way to stop her popping out for a spin in it i've wired the petrol light up so it stays on and isn't it funny how when the petrol light does come on they always bring it back?? :angry::lol:

My car comes with the Driving Standards Monitor, or DSM optional extra. Not only are you told how and where to park, you're told how to drive, where to go and it even says 'I told you so' when you get it wrong.

The DSM is available at a hideously overpriced charge, high maintenance and sits in the passenger seat. You eventually have to meet it's parents - where you find out that she's just like her mother - (homer simpson shudder) although the longer you can put it off the better.

My car comes with the Driving Standards Monitor, or DSM optional extra. Not only are you told how and where to park, you're told how to drive, where to go and it even says 'I told you so' when you get it wrong.

The DSM is available at a hideously overpriced charge, high maintenance and sits in the passenger seat. You eventually have to meet it's parents - where you find out that she's just like her mother - (homer simpson shudder) although the longer you can put it off the better.

How long have you been seeing my girlfriend then? :lol::lol: I looked around a ls460 a few weeks ago at a dealer and what a car couldn't believe how big they are ? :o

not sure i'd trust it after spending so much money on it, do Lexus offer to cover any damage when it hits something, now that would be a marketing line. "pursuit of perfection and your money back when it goes :tsktsk: up!"

not sure i'd trust it after spending so much money on it, do Lexus offer to cover any damage when it hits something, now that would be a marketing line. "pursuit of perfection and your money back when it goes :tsktsk: up!"

LOL! I remember when the same thing happened to the Germans with the Mercedes S Class and the radar-guided cruise control. There are few things I find funnier than watching things go wrong - particularly when they've made such a fuss about how fool-proof and clever it is!

yes i remember that with the S class, they claimed later that the driver had forgotten to switch the system on, a likely story! They were hardly going to admit it didn't work.

Yeah bizarre story, it actually wasn't on as radar doesn't really work in such an enclosed metal box - no idea why they decided to test it in there!

I'm really curious to try this system out to see how good it is, but haven't had a chance yet - our Prius has IPA, but doesn't have any radar guidance like the LS so will hit something if you're not paying attention - this one looks like it should work properly

• 5 months later...
yes i remember that with the S class, they claimed later that the driver had forgotten to switch the system on, a likely story! They were hardly going to admit it didn't work.

Yeah bizarre story, it actually wasn't on as radar doesn't really work in such an enclosed metal box - no idea why they decided to test it in there!

I'm really curious to try this system out to see how good it is, but haven't had a chance yet - our Prius has IPA, but doesn't have any radar guidance like the LS so will hit something if you're not paying attention - this one looks like it should work properly

Hi Guys,

I have just bought a LS460 SEL (the one that parks itself :whistling: ).

I must say it is on of the best cars I have ever owned and I have had 262 cars over the last 16 years (yes I was a car trader for a while!! :blush: ).

Does anyone know of any goodies or upgrades which are available for this model yet? :winky: