Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Is200 Is This A Good Price ? Help !?

lexuslee

Hi everyone,

Im a new member on the Lexus Owners Club site. Don't quite own a Lexus yet but am in the process of getting one,

and after some friendly / helpfull advice

Someone i know is selling a lexus is 200 sport manual, 1999 on a T plate with 102k full service history

It is a gunmetal Grey colour and has

Black Leather / suede interior,

Electric, / heated seats,

Climate control / A.C

17 inch alloys

Elec sunroof

8 speaker sound system

he is also fitting a new cambelt and pulleys. I can collect it after saturday.

He works in a bodyshop, so the wheels have been re-furbed and the car is IMMACULATE inside out.

for £3500 its mine. Does this sound about right ????

:D thanks for any comments

Seems a good price. IIRC, T plate was the first reg for the IS200, and it has pretty good mileage for that in my opinion. You can see for yourself in some car sales magazines that the IS can have pretty high mileage and for a 99'er I'd say that was pretty good.

With regards to the service history, is it Lexus or independant? Just out of curiosity...

I would also recommend that you take a look here for information on what to look out for. I know you mentioned that the seller is a friend, but that doesn't stop you from gaining a good idea on the reliability and condition of the car beforehand.

All the best,

Jamie

Seems a good price. IIRC, T plate was the first reg for the IS200, and it has pretty good mileage for that in my opinion. You can see for yourself in some car sales magazines that the IS can have pretty high mileage and for a 99'er I'd say that was pretty good.

What is the service history like? Any at all?

Jamie

Thanks for the fast reply. :)

It has full lexus history untill he bought it 10k ago. he works in a bodyshop and is a trained mechanic aswell so he has serviced it himself once. Only seen it once. Not driven it yet

He changing cam belts e.t.c i only wanna use it for a year. You think it will depriciate much more ?

That sounds like a very good price to me.

Is it definately a sport? Has it got rear tinted windows, alloy pedals, two tone steering wheel?

Also does everything work inside - stereo will be bottom loading and these are a common area to brake!

If you do get the car check the inside of the front tyres for any wear and if so get the geometry checked and adjusted.

O and welcome to the club :D

Going by what you have described i would say you are getting a whole lot of car for that money.Tear his hand off !!

Thanks ROD i think your right. :)

jus thought i'd check with the lexus pro's ;)

Nice car ROD love the wheels. What size are they ?

Mine has standard 17" wheels. but the car is the same colour as yours. Did u mange to get a sport grille for yours ? if so how much and where ? and was it already colour coded ?

That sounds like a very good price to me.

Is it definately a sport? Has it got rear tinted windows, alloy pedals, two tone steering wheel?

Also does everything work inside - stereo will be bottom loading and these are a common area to brake!

If you do get the car check the inside of the front tyres for any wear and if so get the geometry checked and adjusted.

O and welcome to the club :D

Thanks. Take it there no Londoners in here ? You're all to friendly to be Londoners. :lol:

I work next door to the guy who selling it. Its outside my work staring at me. I think its a Sport ? how else can i tell ? the windows don't look tinted ? Can't see pedals or steering wheel from my office. What is it if its not a Sport ? is it still worth the money ??

If it's not the sport it will be either the SE or S. The sport is the top spec model then the SE and then S. It would still be worth the money though which ever model.

If it is a sport it will say on the rear windows and also have a rear spoiler, it already has the 17" wheels so thats a good sign the S model came with 16"s. The sport grille you can get from any lexus dealer and as you will be getting the older colour then it should come pre painted for £36 ish.

I have just changed my grille to the sport looks much better.

There are quite alot of londers but were all further north that have posted so far. :lol:

hi lexuslee,welcome to loc :)

sounds like a good price to me,parkers list it as £5265 private good

£4185 private poor both prices with 70,000 miles

so if you know the guy and the car,your happy with the condition go for it.

also you say hes doing the cam belt which is a good thing

if you are still not sure you could always pay to have an aa inspection or maybe some one on here who lives local to you would be kind enough to check it over for you :) good luck

SE auto good-£5375 poor-£4270

SE man " £5180 " £4115

S man " £4480 " £3560 all with 70,000mls S does not come with leather or sunroof,i think :D

Going by what you have described i would say you are getting a whole lot of car for that money.Tear his hand off !!

Thanks ROD i think your right. :)

jus thought i'd check with the lexus pro's ;)

Nice car ROD love the wheels. What size are they ?

Mine has standard 17" wheels. but the car is the same colour as yours. Did u mange to get a sport grille for yours ? if so how much and where ? and was it already colour coded ?

Hi lexusLee, my wheels are 18" and the grille you can pick up from Lexus for around £35 colour coded. The Grey is Granite Sky. thanks for the comments.

A sport has a few extra bits what the rest dont like what has already been mentioned above. Most of these extras are available as aftermarket goodies nowadays so even if its not a sport you can add them. Another quick tell tell sign is that it will have small sport stickers on the rear quarter windows.

As for the difference in price the sport and SE dont have much difference in value as the the SE is an insurance group lower and more sought after by the younger drivers.

Have a good drive of it and listen out for any noises coming from car but do expect clunking noises from the gearbox in 1st 2nd and possibly 3rd its just how its made and operates. Its nothing to worry about. brake discs are commen to warp so try free wheeling slowly with window open and listen.

Make sure the steering wheel has no vibrations etc.

All in all its quite a bullet proof car and very reliable

Goodluck mate

It must be an SE with extra's ???

does anyone know if its possible to get the back end out on a lexus is200 ?

dunno if i should mention it :shutit: but i used to have an BMW E36 M3 GT along with many other cars and LOVED getting the arse end out. Is this possible in a is200 ???

I understand it has less power and would be more difficult but is it possible ????? I know that the car has traction control standard which can be switched off.

thanks

You've obviously not seen Matts car then :whistling:

Yes it is possible as it is rear wheel drive so even though it hasn't got lot's of power it can still be done (in a controlled responsible environment) just turn the t/c off and away you go!

You've obviously not seen Matts car then :whistling:

Yes it is possible as it is rear wheel drive so even though it hasn't got lot's of power it can still be done (in a controlled responsible environment) just turn the t/c off and away you go!

Yeah, i've been looking through the forum and theres some crazy lexus's there. Supercharger sounds good but my missus gotta drive it too. she wrote off my williams when i fitted a racing clutch :angry:

let alone a supercharged RWD!!!

I have just strolled next door and taken a pic of the is200 im gonna buy on my camera phone which i've e-mailed to myself. How do i get it on here????? Hopefully you guys can tell me what model it is ?

If you look on the top of new members area there is a post about how to put photos mate

Hopefully we will be able to tell for you.

If your missus crashed your williams i wouldnt let her near your IS!!!! :ohmy:

Edit: There you go mate How to post a picture

Thanks Rikos :) it says this after i try 2 post

Sorry, dynamic pages in the %7Boption%7D tags are not allowed ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? :huh: