Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Supercharger

Hello people, im after a supercharger for my 2001 is200 sport and have heard that you can buy them secondhand. Is this not recommended?? I know they cost around £4k, which I dont have yet. Is there any other cheaper options but with no loss of reliability?? Ive seen the ones from Prolex-uk who include extras. Any info would be most grateful.

Tom :D

not much else you could really consider, apart from:

induction kit, camcon VVTi controller, manifold, exhaust.....

but for the money, you'd be better off with the s/c

Ok, thanks very much. Im going to get saving.

But its a hard choice... get married or supercharger... get married or supercharger... hmmm, what will I do...

if you find a supercharger check the following

it turns smoothly by hand with no rubbing or grating sounds

no sign of oil leakage

there is no play when the front pulley is turned and rocked back and forth and no play up/down or wobble

look inside at the rotors - check that the coating in the rotors is complete

look inside towards the front/rear of the unit - check for signs of rubbing on the rotors or the body

the edges of the rotors may look a bit rough - if the coating is still on the edges then its ok

SCer's don't cost 4k. They never have as far as I remember. Pro-lex were selling them for £1750 I think but they are all gone last I heard.

I wouldn't see any problem with buying it second hand either so long as there isn't huge mileage on it.

superchargers now cost £4000 + due to the fact you can only purchase them from TTE which they will only sell with the uprated ecu

as far as i know prolex brought the remaining stocks of them and sold them all, unless TDI have some remaining in there stores, they are all gone !

hence why the price of second hand ones are steadily rising

SCer's don't cost 4k. They never have as far as I remember. Pro-lex were selling them for £1750 I think but they are all gone last I heard.

I wouldn't see any problem with buying it second hand either so long as there isn't huge mileage on it.

superchargers now cost £4000 + due to the fact you can only purchase them from TTE which they will only sell with the uprated ecu

as far as i know prolex brought the remaining stocks of them and sold them all, unless TDI have some remaining in there stores, they are all gone !

4K+!!!!!! thats crazy :shutit: . Didn't realise TTE were selling them for that much Barrie. If spending that amount then I would suggest looking into fitting a turbo. Costs slightly more than that but is much better IMO.

4K+!!!!!! thats crazy :shutit: . Didn't realise TTE were selling them for that much Barrie. If spending that amount then I would suggest looking into fitting a turbo. Costs slightly more than that but is much better IMO.

You can get a new tubro kit fitted for the same price as new TTE s/c kit :winky: Just ask :winky:

Real shame to hear this kazi, hope you'll be staying with a lex!!!

Possibly mate....im just weighing up the options at the momen, might be january 08 or next month...not sure....I have these phases....if it was another Lex.....IS250 OR IS22OD? Not saying I dont have another brand or so in mind. Been offered a good sum for my car....just sooooo tempting.... :unsure: