Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I have recently purchased my second LS400, upgraded from a mk3 to mk4. One thing I noticed that when on the motorway and travelling at above 70 mph the bonnet starts to shake. This is near the washer jets. It's really wierd because when stationary the bonnet is firmly seated.

Has any one come across this? The bonnet struts were replaced by Lexus before I purchased the car back in May 2007.

don't know much but i would say sounds like air is getting under bonnet somewhere and as that area is the longest between supports and also in direct line with direction of travel it is the exit location and probably casuing it lo lift and the seal to break. I'd check sealing all around and see if it is snug everywhere it should be.

don't know much but i would say sounds like air is getting under bonnet somewhere and as that area is the longest between supports and also in direct line with direction of travel it is the exit location and probably casuing it lo lift and the seal to break. I'd check sealing all around and see if it is snug everywhere it should be.

Don't know if it's the same on the LS as the IS. If you look to the front of the car when the bonnet is open on each side there might be an adjustable rubber pad. Turn it to raise is slightly. This will tighten the fit and might solve the problem.

Don't know if it's the same on the LS as the IS. If you look to the front of the car when the bonnet is open on each side there might be an adjustable rubber pad. Turn it to raise is slightly. This will tighten the fit and might solve the problem.

Thanks, I will have a look tomorrow. It is booked into Lexus Bromley for some warranty work on Tuesday, so I will ask them to have a look.

I have recently purchased my second LS400, upgraded from a mk3 to mk4. One thing I noticed that when on the motorway and travelling at above 70 mph the bonnet starts to shake. This is near the washer jets. It's really wierd because when stationary the bonnet is firmly seated.

Has any one come across this? The bonnet struts were replaced by Lexus before I purchased the car back in May 2007.

Ive noticed exactly the same thing on my mark 4

Received the car back from Lexus Bromley. The window mechanism repaired (under warranty) but could not fix the bonnet. Advise there was nothing wrong and they did not notice the bonnet movements at speed. They will check there 'data bank' and have another look when the car is due for it's service.

I will check on the US site for any instances.

i have a mk1 ls400 and mine does exactly the same found out that it was the rubber seal at the rear of the bonnet

i replaced the seal with a thicker one from the boot of a vectra estate with a minor mod and this seems to of worked

at least vauxhalls are good for something lol