Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What I Really Really Want!

Vyker

I really want an IS300.....

but not just any IS300, i want a black one, with TRD kit, sat nav, full leathers, low mileage, full service.... the lot!

one problem....

THEY DONT EXSIST!!!

either that or those who own one, wont sell!

closest ive come to is one on autotrader which fits the bill perfectly

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/www/CARS_...200732292801828

but has 116k+ on the clock, which i think is way too much for an 02 plate car!

why are they so hard to find?

edit: just noticed its my 100th post! :D

I know how you feel ........... I spent months looking for my IS300, and it still wasn't how I wanted it .......... but it was what I 'made' of it ;-) ........ I do miss my car :blush:

post-7604-1187371136.jpg

Keep looking ........... :whistling:

those are both really nice cars!!!

man....

SINGH, wanna sell it ? :P

Hows the MPG been on it btw? im getting 26mpg out of my IS200, willing to sacrifice 1-2mpg for the IS300...

And your insurance, whats it like? i know the car is Group 15.

I disagree - I think that's a reasonable price for that vehicle. It's not the bargain of the century but it's certainly not overpriced. Like Singh182 says the vehicle does exist, the trick is finding it. You might have to come to a compromise somewhere. We all want things to be just perfectly the way we want them but they just don't always exist. Can you not stick the body kit on yourself? Would you settle for anything other than black? I agree with SurgicalVirus - it's what you make of it that counts.

Keith

I know how you feel ........... I spent months looking for my IS300, and it still wasn't how I wanted it .......... but it was what I 'made' of it ;-) ........ I do miss my car :blush:

post-7604-1187371136.jpg

That's a fine looking car Ahmet, and I expect it went really well too. Just cannot understand why you got rid of it :tomato:

insurance wise im 21 and on as a 2nd driver and paying around £6/700.

..as for petrol, i travel around 200 miles(motorway) a day to work and get about 280-310ish miles per tank..fill up with petrol every 2 or 2 and a half days(if that makes sense)...

if u boot it everywhere(like i did when first bought it) obiously it will drink petrol.

...one question for is300 owners - When the gearbox is in ECT Power does it use more fuel?, as i have not noticed any change in mpg...as i keep it on all the time now.

Thanks

My IS200 has ECT Pwr mode and no it doesn't use any more fuel per se, it just lets the engine have a wider range of the gearbox available so it might stay in 3rd rather than going into 4th which will then use more fuel.

However, I've done the tanks with, tanks without test on most variables and find there to be little or no difference. Same with snow mode on mine, doesn't make any difference - just slows the engine down a smidgen.

Keith

I'm suprised doing those miles you don't consider a diesel? It'd make much more economical sense?

IS300's are quite rare anyway.

IS300's with SatNav are even rarer - it took me ages to find one (I really wanted the SatNav, having had it on both my previous IS200s).

I managed to get an 04 IS300 with SatNav, full service history with 39k on clock back in May. I've loved every minute of it. There is no TRD kit, but I wasn't bothered about that anyway. Full Leather is standard on the IS300.

Only modification I've made is fitting a Nokia CK-15W Bluetooth Car Kit and buying the latest SatNav DVD. I want to have parking sensors fitted, but I don't really want to pay the £430 that my local Lexus dealer has quoted me. I paid £300 last time, but apparently that was a special offer at the time.

I'm getting about 24-26mpg from it, using a mix of A-roads and village (30mph) traffic.

I've never used the ECT power mode, but I do use the 'M' mode all the time, and use the E-Shift buttons instead of waiting for the autobox to kick down.

myis300.jpg

Cheers

Phil

@ WylieCoyote - id like a diesel but cant afford the new 220d at the mo, plus id mis the power and smooth'ness and general all roundness if the 300 now tha im used too it.

Plus i dont get tired driving the IS which is a plus point...and i get part of my petrol expense paid for by my work which is a bonus.

@ WylieCoyote - id like a diesel but cant afford the new 220d at the mo, plus id mis the power and smooth'ness and general all roundness if the 300 now tha im used too it.

You really wouldn't want a 220D, the minor difference between the petrol auto mpg and the oiler is more than compensated for in speed and smoothness...oh and that dream of an auto transmission :) ...and don't be misled by 'but it's got a lot more torque' arguement.

post-7604-1187371136.jpg

To be fair, twas one fine example of an IS300!

Thanks mate .... I'm jsut going to go and cry now :crybaby:

@Tango, it was just costing too much to run, and with the bike also - I just couldn't justify it sitting on my drive! :crybaby:

Thanks mate .... I'm jsut going to go and cry now :crybaby:

@Tango, it was just costing too much to run, and with the bike also - I just couldn't justify it sitting on my drive! :crybaby:

Yep gotta agree, was a lovely example, couldn't believe it when you were putting it up for sale - it had me tempted, I'm just glad it wasn't newer so my sensible side could hold me back :whistling: