Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi people, had my Lexus about six weeks now, ex-demo red 220D Sport with MM, most impressed but had the seemingly normal dashboard rattle. Agree with Jamboo, it does appear to be temperature related.

Also I felt I had a slight, intermittent wander to the left so I booked it into my closest dealership at Wolverhampton, (NOT purchased from there) and they gave me a new 250 auto for the day. I also mentioned the rattle and slight vibration on the mirror. They phoned later that day and asked to keep the car for a second day, I had no problem with that.

When I picked it up, they had laser checked the tracking and found no fault, also, they had removed the dash and re-padded because "we don't do rattles in our cars". Most impressed, but it gets better, they had done the approved fix on the suspension bush for the mirror, and, because they don't want a failure in the future for me, they had changed the fifth injector and re-mapped everything, without me even reporting a fault!

Unfortunately not had much of a test yet, on way home along A5 at seventyish in outside lane, the nice VW Passat ahead of me decided to disintegrate one of its rear brake discs and I couldn't avoid all of the debris. Nice big hole in front right corner of bumper, that side lights and indicators not working and AFS warning flashing. (Loads of electric junction boxes down there!). I phoned Lexus assist and they were most helpful, even though I wasn't insured through them, they were authorised to phone three dealers to get me a loaner and book me in, they will also recover all costs from the other driver, who admitted liability. My point is that my own insurance covers their repairers and the normal, basic courtesy car, NOT a Lexus.

My impression of Lexus service improved even more when, coincidentaly, Lexus Wolverhampton phoned to check my satisfaction with their work the previous day and I told them the story. Even before Lexus Assist had managed, Lexus Wolverhampton had arranged a Lexus 250 auto with MM (cos it was on mine) through Accident Exchange and my car had been booked into the Lexus approved repairer (Prestige Vehicle Repair). All costs will be from the third party, not from mine to be reclaimed later, obviously my insurers are more than happy with this, they said "ah, Lexus handling it, lucky you, we have dealt with them before, they are excellent."

Sorry for this to be so long winded, just thought I would give some praise for a change, especially when I didn't even buy the car from this dealership, this is why I bought into the Lexus brand.

Bad luck followed by good fortune...

I heard somewhere that Insureres always tried it on, but you could take the car to Lexus for repair You wouldn't get a courtesy car etc, but I reckon it would have been worth it...

Anyway, glad to hear it's all sorted anyway!!

It'll be good to know if they have repaired that Mirror...

They will sort them out if the car fails a basic check I'm sure. Some of the diesels will probably be having the ecocomy fixes, ECU remaps etc, but I wonder how many garages do this, and how consistent are they?

The suspension bush one is a new one - mind you - on my car the tyre wear is still balanced and the annoyance of inside wear hasn't blighted it...yet

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links