Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wiper Blades

spikes

I'm trying out some of the flat beam wiper blades at the moment on my GS, as the last set of Bosch ones I bought started chattering and jumping after only a few weeks. Seem good so far just need to see how they are in a few weeks.

PIAA wipers are IMO far and away the best wipers you can buy for any car. They have a hydrophobic silicon coating to them which not only cuts through the water, but provides a layer to the windscreen that makes water bead off it.

They are a bit more money, but well worth it!!

I have the Super Sproza Carbon Fibre Wipers on my IS and they look great!!!

I've had the Bosch Aerotwin wipers on my car for the last few weeks, performance has been good, and I love the way the single blades look.

However, I noticed yesterday, that they've started to have a slight squeak when they hit the top, whereas my old OEM wipers were always completely silent. As they are, it's fine, but if it gets any noisier, they'll be coming off.

Do the PIAA wipers make any noise?

I've had the Bosch Aerotwin wipers on my car for the last few weeks, performance has been good, and I love the way the single blades look.

However, I noticed yesterday, that they've started to have a slight squeak when they hit the top, whereas my old OEM wipers were always completely silent. As they are, it's fine, but if it gets any noisier, they'll be coming off.

Do the PIAA wipers make any noise?

nope, even on a dry screen, no noise whatsoever

Theres theses new type that are being put on everything at the minute , got a set on my other car and IMO they are the best i have ever had, they look like they are sat flat on your screen from the side.

A lot cheaper than the PIAA

I assume he means the same type I mentioned further up

Like these http://search.ebay.co.uk/search/search.dll...at+wiper+blades

On the car they look really good, sitting right down under the bonnet line compared to the standard frame types that still stick up a bit.

I assume he means the same type I mentioned further up

Like these http://search.ebay.co.uk/search/search.dll...at+wiper+blades

On the car they look really good, sitting right down under the bonnet line compared to the standard frame types that still stick up a bit.

I ordered a set of these a few days ago so when they turn up we will see if they are any good!

The price was cheap and i thought why not! worth a try, will let you all know if they are any good or just best to keep with PIAA!

Jason :P

I have the Bosch Aerotwin wipers

Wipers.jpg

with the later type Fan Washer Jets

washers.jpg

I love em :winky: to bits, no noise, look great, a tad expensive but IMO worth it. :D

My Uncle bought himself some of the cheaper Bosch Aerotwin flat blade copy

no-name wipers from the Bay to save a bit of cash cos he liked mine so much,

one flew off at 70mph a week later, the arm leaving a big scratch on the windscreen. :tsktsk:

Make sure (the cheap copys) fit nice & tight. He wished he had bought the £27 ones now !!

Quite fancy the spray fan jets myself, combined with with PIAA silicone wipers. Only problem is, you need to have the units sprayed to match body-colour, which is a bit awkward for such a small item.

J

Washer jets come presprayed mate, but obviously the fan jets will only come in the later blue colour since they are post 2004.

Can't remember whether your colour is the older or newer blue?

• 2 months later...