Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2x Sat Nav Housing For Sale, 2x 7" Screen + Carputer Bits Etc

Anees

Im sure the older members will remember my late 2004 - early 2006 Lexputer (Car PC saga)... well my mate who had my stuff has finally got it all out of his loft and its now for sale!! :)

I have:

ITEM 1:

1 x GAIN/Xenarc 700TSV 7" Touchscreen ALREADY BUILT INTO the Lexus Widescreen Sat Nav housing complete with Motor and wiring.

The screen is this:

http://store.mp3car.com/Xenarc_700TSV_p/mon-004.htm

The Xenarc 700TSV is THE BEST OF THE BEST in-car TFT screen. The screen is already prefitted to the housing and the wires have been run down the back so its easy to install. The screen fits properly too, with no area of the the screen chopped off due to it being fitted inside the housing (I had to modify the housing to do this). The screen resists electromagnetic interference very well and the colours are superb. Its an expensive screen, but I wanted THE BEST.

The housing as you must know costs a fortune normally - when I was looking for it costs were around £500+ just for the housing and many scrap yards I visited wouldn't split the housing from the rest of the Sat Nav. Took me lots of searchig to find this.....:)

You will get everything wired up and ready to go - saving you hours of work having to assemble the housing and theN doing the wiring. The motor has also been insulated to prevent it overheating the invertor on the screen. The screen supports auto switch for a reversing camera input and you can connect a wide range of devices to the screen - not just a VGA PC - you have RCA etc. The touchscreen works on both PC and MAC via USB.

The screen and housing cost me over £600 with all the extra little bits I had to get for it and then the hours assembling it. Its almost plug and play now. All you will need to do is:

1. Connect the power for the monitor (+12v)

2. connect the vga lead to your PC or a phono connection

3. Conect the housing motor up so that the housing automatically flips open and closes when the car is on/off

The wires are already in place for you. You simply have to connect 3 wires

- 1 wire to +12v

- 1 wire to aux 12v i.e Cig lighter socket

- 1 wire to ground

THATS IT.... :D

When I first got the screen:

hous1.JPG

Fitting/setting up:

hous2.JPG

Testing:

hous3.JPG

Final screen working (WHAT YOU GET)

10.JPG

hmm1.jpg

hmm2.jpg

hmm4.jpg

hmm5.jpg

£399 + P&P or Collection **SOLD TO DAVE108**

ITEM 2:

Xenarc 700TSV 5m extension lead

Genuine 5m Extension lead for the Xenarc.

cable.JPG

£20 + P&P or Collection (costs $42.99 + International shipping from MP3car - don't think its available from the UK!)

**SOLD TO DAVE108**

ITEM 3:

Lexus Sat Nav Housing complete with Motor

This housing belongs to my mate, who was also doing a Car PC with my help, but with other commitments and lack of time (and the fact that he has bought Gords Beemer :whistling:) means he hasn't completed this project.

This housing has a LinITX 7" screen in it, but unfortunetly, when the housing is closed up, the top 1" of the display is hidden, so its no good. Hence why the Xenarc above is so good. Price is just for the housing - the pictured screen will be taken out and you will have to source a screen that will fit.

m551.JPG

m551.JPG

£250 + P&P or Collection

ITEM 4:

Lexus Sat Nav Screen

The screen was originally fitted into the Sat Nav housing my mate bought and can be refitted into the housing OR can be used to replace your faulty lexus screen.

ns.JPG

£100 + P&P or Collection

**SOLD TO SAMMI**

ITEM 5:

Custom Housing

This screen housing was professionally created for my mate before he got the original Lexus Sat Nav housing above. We were stuggling to find one at the time for sensible money, and moulding his LinITX screen into the standard dash made sense as a stop gap. We got it professional moulded and it cost us £100. The LinITX screen just clips on and clips out easily (for security). Looks good and and nice finish. You can buy a new LinITX screen from LinITX.com

hnew1.JPG

hnew2.JPG

£80 + P&P or Collection

THE 7" TOUCHSCREEN CAN BE PURCHASED FOR £100 EXTRA. IT NEEDS TO BE PUT BACK TOGETHER, SINCE IT IS CURRENTLY IN THE LEXUS HOUSING, BUT THIS IS NO BIG DEAL AND WILL BE DONE FOR YOU.

. The Touchscreens were both lightly used and work well. The LinITX screen still even have the plastic over the screen!!

I/We need the money for a new ICE install and have our eye on a few units, but need to move quite fast to secure a good deal.... :D

Thanks,

Anees

The first one for sale is a later screen! note the infra red receiver is alot smaller on the top right!

Item No3 is the earlier one! you can see a bigger spacing between the screen and the housing!

Hope these helps

The first one for sale is a later screen! note the infra red receiver is alot smaller on the top right!

Item No3 is the earlier one! you can see a bigger spacing between the screen and the housing!

Hope these helps

Sorry yes.... you are bang on! :D

hmmmmmm one could be interested in item number 4 then to replace my screen. is it easy to do? i can get the unit in and out ok, but dont want to butcher the whole unit if its difficult as im crap with stuff like this! :hehe:

Yeh, pretty easy. You just lift off the felt bit from your existing dash top, unscrew and pull out the whole top unit and then replace with the unit above......... thats it! (As far as I remember. :D)

• 2 weeks later...
The Xenarc Screen in the housing - SOLD :D

The extended Xenarc Screen cable - SOLD :D

The Sat Nav screen - SOLD :D

Items still available for sale shown above. Thanls

With all that money, you will be getting now intercooler for the BMW next :unsure:

The Xenarc Screen in the housing - SOLD :D

The extended Xenarc Screen cable - SOLD :D

The Sat Nav screen - SOLD :D

Items still available for sale shown above. Thanls

With all that money, you will be getting now intercooler for the BMW next :unsure:

Well......Gord got the exhaust on today....looks SUPERB, really classy, yet not over the top. Want to use the cash to sort out the rubbish standard ICE in the BMW........;) Car has enough power for me at the moment until I can find out the gearbox limits properly......;)