Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi,

New 07 250 and I am getting static shocks all the time from the car, is this normal?

I had a GS300 as a loan car when I sent the IS in for check up and I didn't get a single static build up.

Any suggestions or should the dealers be looking into this?

Hi,

New 07 250 and I am getting static shocks all the time from the car, is this normal?

I had a GS300 as a loan car when I sent the IS in for check up and I didn't get a single static build up.

Any suggestions or should the dealers be looking into this?

I am fairly sure it is to do with humidity. The more moisture in the air the more friction over the body so there can be a build up of static. Some people are more sensitive to static also. Perhaps they retain more water which makes them better conductors or something. Could also be something to do with the clothes or shoes you are wearing? Anything changed in your wardrobe since this started.

I once knew a mechanic who wouldn't touch a car until someone else had earthed it first because he always got hit. Actually saw the spark jump to his finger a few times.

i was obsessed with static shocks when i first got my car... nothing fancy needed to prevent it...

simply change the way you get out of the car...while still seated in the car, first put a leg on the ground then put a hand on the top of the door frame and then exit the car.... no more shocks as the charge will have been dissipated

I had this in the past........the cure was to keep hold of the metal door handle while you get out .

Sliding on the leather seats did it for me....... :crying:

If you search "static shock cars" in Google then will find a few interesting websites that provide both useful tips and some solutions.... Noel provided the most common solution in terms of how you get out of the car.

My GS300 doesn't shock me at all but my Nissan Micra driving school car, well, I reacon it could run half of the national grid off it. Whenever I close the door, I always use the back of my knuckle. I hope my LS430 which should be ariving next week is kinder to skin when I close it.

Thanks for all the input guys, but it seemed kinda strange the the GS300 didn't give me a single static shock and as soon as I got back in the IS those static shocks came back :(

I have been trying to get out of the door by first putting my leg out and touching the frame etc which works (not always) will try these anti-static strips aswell :)

Thanks

the GS300 didn't give me a single static shock and as soon as I got back in the IS those static shocks came back

thats more down to different seat fabrics .... trying rubbing the the seat with a fabric softener sheet, wear leather shoes too... :winky:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links