Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Check Vsc Light On After Diagnostic Check

I finally got around to having the engine management light on my LS430 checked out, an auto electrician plugged in his laptop and 2 oxygen sensors aren't getting hot enough and there was also an unrecognised fault code, 1631. Ever since this diagnostic check has been carried out the Check VSC light and red warning triangle have come on when driving the car. Is it normal to have this light come on after a diagnostic check?

Many thanks in advance

After I bought mine I had it checked by Lexus, they checked out everything including fault codes, it all checked out ok and I have had no lights on since, so no you should not have the light on, get Lexus to check it, I used the dealer in Hull, they did a full check for £55 all in, the only problem they found with mine was that the air suspension only raised 14mm instead of 20mm when High ride height selected but this is apparently OK......

Pete

I was supposed to pick up my LS430 from Lexus yesterday but had a phone call earlier on in the week to say that the car needs a new ECU. On the test drive, there was no engine warning light or any other warning lights. On plugging it into their diagnostics, that is when they found out it needs a new one. So it just goes to show, even if it appears ok, it might not be. I've now got to wait till Wednesday to get my new car. :crybaby: Even no warning lights still means that everything might not be ok.

Many thanks for the replies, I was hoping to solve the engine management light problem outside of the Lexus dealer network but trying to avoid a main dealer bill has resulted in the VSC light coming on too which is a bit frustrating! I haven't heard from the auto electrician since so it looks as thought my only option is to visit the main dealer and stump up for 2 oxygen sensors (presumably they can't be cleaned or repaired if they aren't getting hot enough??) and also to sort out the VSC light (which only came on for the first time when the auto electrician plugged in his laptop). It will no doubt cost a fair bit to sort out but seeing as I am selling the car it probably makes more financial sense to sell it sorted out as I can't imagine anyone buying a car of this price bracket with 2 warning lights on. I am hoping to realise £12k for the car as it is immaculate, low mileage, full supplying dealer history up to a few hundred miles ago. Although it's one of the very first LS430s on an X registration it would look about a year old on a private plate!

Just one question - is it worth me disconnecting and reconnecting the Battery to try to reset the VSC light? I realise the the engine management light will almost certainly come back on again because the oxygen sensors arent getting hot enough but would disconnecting the Battery reset the VSC light?

I am a bit reluctant to disconnect the Battery without having any advice as the last thing I need is to set off more warning lights! This is the first Lexus I've had - forgive my ignorance but does the LS430 has a radio code? As far as I can see I dont have one in my handbook pack.

It's just all been a bit frustrating as the car drives perfectly so I'm effectively spending a fair bit just to put out a warning light! All in all though, it's been a far better car than my old S500

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links