Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all,

New to the forum so hello...

I am waiting for delivery of a new 220d (base model in Argento Ice with Worcester Black interior) due to arrive in a week or two.

It's a company car and I couldn't afford another model on my budget, but one thing I will miss from my current car is my handsfree cradle (on the road a lot).

Is it possible to get one fitted at a dealer?

If so, does anyone know how much?

Would anyone recommend another alternative as the company will probably only provide me with a Bluetooth earpiece (to be totally honest I think they look crap)?

Thanks,

Drammy

Hi there

I too am getting my new IS220D next week and have the lexus Bluetooth fitted by the dealer (in fact it has been fitted as I went looking at the car last night, sad I know!)

Cost was £499, including VAT and fitting and looks very smart to be honest, tucked out of the way on the right hand side of drivers side, by light switch

Does not include a cradle or anything, just Bluetooth control unit, goes through the stereo etc so I am told.

Not too bothered about lack of cradle, have purchased a car charger for phone - less holes etc!

Hi there

I too am getting my new IS220D next week and have the lexus bluetooth fitted by the dealer (in fact it has been fitted as I went looking at the car last night, sad I know!)

Cost was £499, including VAT and fitting and looks very smart to be honest, tucked out of the way on the right hand side of drivers side, by light switch

Does not include a cradle or anything, just bluetooth control unit, goes through the stereo etc so I am told.

Not too bothered about lack of cradle, have purchased a car charger for phone - less holes etc!

Sorry, forgot to add, mine is a company one as well and I could have had our normal company install a car kit but from past experience, they do not always do a good job, especially when you want it connected up to the stereo. Our MD had to have a brand new stereo on his BMW 5 series after they had messed it up.......

Costs me more as ups the P11D value of the car whereas Inland Revenue do not include (or haven't with me) post delivery car kits in the value of the car

Just an observation and not sure about getting it fitted...

If you look in the IS brochure under accessories you will see item F Bluetooth Hands Free System, the same system is available via Halfords only difference is that it has the Motorola motif instead of a Lexus one, cost is £99

Looks like it is made by Motorola so you may be able to source it cheaper.... someone else may tell you how much Lexus want to fit it.

Also if you get it fitted after you have received the car it shouldn't affect your P11D. You may also ask your HR dpt about duty of care and ask them to fit it for you and pick up the tab.

hi, i fitted the nokia CK7 Bluetooth one to mine, only need to find one ignition wire (under pasenger glove box) as i didn't want to take out/mess wit stereo. located answer button on steering colum and as the nokia mics are rally good jus located dat on lower dash by left knee. all cost €110 from eBay, dead handy

I have found the Parrot Bluetooth kits extremely good quality. They install via a wiring loom adaptor in the back of your car stereo - sound comes out of the car speakers plus mutes your stereo when you make/receive a call.

Some models have voice activated dialling (which is surprisingly accurate and hasnt got one wrong yet for me)

Also a couple of models with a colour screen (although finding where to place it can give you problems) and even one with a built in GPS receiver

They have just released (or are releasing shortly) an updated version which allows you to remove the screen when leaving the car (as a security measure) - which is a good improvement on the old model (which I have) and gives you more options on where to locate.

I paid around £120 for mine about a year ago

http://www.parrot.fr

Th HF Kit by Motorlla seems to be exactly the same as the Lexus one - which was fitted in a courtesy car I had. The kit is superb. It has Voice rec, and pairing a phone is as easy as pressing a button and saying "Pairing"...absolutely brilliant!!

Personally, I would avoid all of those installed types. There are some excellent "Visor" types around, with long lasting Lithium batteries, can be taken from car to car, have excellent noise cancelling features etc...

Pama kits

The Satnav ones are OK, but I wouldn't recommend them for conference/Audio calls etc - they will be fine for occasional use. Also the positioning at the middle to base of the screen means that the mouth piece is miles away, and your windscreen demister vents will play havoc with speech quality...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links