Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Drury Lane

Gord

Well this week ive been to Drury lane diagnostic and geometry centre in Oldham Lancashire. www.drurylaneservices.com. Drury lane is also part of the OFT (office of fair trading) this code membership consists of independent garages providing car repairs and it sets the standard that members must comply with when providing vechicle repair service to customers, so Paul now has the Bosch service/OFT approved code logo outside, only just over 400 garages have this so far.

Paul the owner is very nice chap indeed, used to race single seater racing cars in his day.

Paul showed and explained everything that was going to happen when the car went onto the Hunter machine.

Paul then took me to meet Steve, who would be doing the geometry on my car. Steve had been on training course on how to use the Hunter machine, and was very in the know about geometry.

Car was put into machine, set-up and check started, well i was quite surprised really as the car was not that far out, car is on coilovers so some negative was expected, steve corrected this at the rear 1st, then set about sorting the front, sorted the front out the best he could (i need some new bushes)

At every stage of the geometry, Steve told me what he was doing and how this would affect the car, even showing me some video's on the Hunter machine as to what camber, toe, caster, thrust angle, total toe, steer ahead was all about.

So all in all very happy with the service that i received from Paul + Steve both top chaps and know what geometry is all about. So anyone wanting geometry setting up in the north you know where to go, and Drury lane is one of WIM trusted centres, what more could you ask.

Sounds very good Gord glad theres some more centres available

Yer he is very good :D

And he has on order a new Hunter machine that you drive through and it tells you all about your geometry, without putting anything on your wheels :winky:

Drury lane were a wim "trusted centre" but we excluded them some six months ago.

To explain.... Sometimes the suggested chassis positions designed by the manufacturer are wrong. Lexus got it wrong on the IS200/300/Sc.

Some years ago wim re-wrote the chassis positions for the IS to solve the habitual front tyre wear problem.

Drury lane repeatedly failed to calibrate the Lexus to the wim positions resulting in the tyre wear issue returning.

We decided not to be associated to Drury and become part of a customers complaint.

I do have every respect for Paul and his desire to have the best equipment but i fail to understand the logic of knowingly calibrating a chassis to a proven wrong position.

Sorry.

Drury lane were a wim "trusted centre" but we excluded them some six months ago.

To explain.... Sometimes the suggested chassis positions designed by the manufacturer are wrong. Lexus got it wrong on the IS200/300/Sc.

Some years ago wim re-wrote the chassis positions for the IS to solve the habitual front tyre wear problem.

Drury lane repeatedly failed to calibrate the Lexus to the wim positions resulting in the tyre wear issue returning.

We decided not to be associated to Drury and become part of a customers complaint.

I do have every respect for Paul and his desire to have the best equipment but i fail to understand the logic of knowingly calibrating a chassis to a proven wrong position.

Sorry.

And have you had the common decency to inform Paul of this ?

After talking with him, he knows nothing and has not had contact with your good self for mths

I hope you are not going to be associated with the other place up northwest that members have had complaints with ?

Sorry.

After talking with him, he knows nothing and has not had contact with your good self for mths

I hope you are not going to be associated with the other place up northwest that members have had complaints with ?

I have no concerns with other centres unless they fall under the wim recommendation.

I had to inform Paul on a few occasions to invite customers back since the calibration was incorrect... Why would you assume i wouldn't be courteous about this?

They haven't heard from wim for months because they are no longer a "trusted centre".

Like i said before i have every respect for Drury lane but i have little time to police complaints in a repetitive fashion so i dissolved our association. wim is not a "nanny state".

Your statement "associated" with the "other" place northwest?..... I assume this is a subliminal attack on TDi north!

Hi Gord,

Glad your geometry is all sorted now......but from the sounds of it maybe you could put the report up (just take a pic with your camera) so that we can see which points Tony is making about using the standard Lexus Geometry.

Drury Lane have always been good to everyone I know that has visited them; I had no idea that they were no longer a Trusted Centre! I spoke to Paul a few weeks back when I popped in to get my new tyres on my alloys and he was definetly under the impression that he is a trusted centre; even implies so on their website.

From the sounds of it Steve has been busy since I last saw him then; we used to go to an evening class together a few years back! :whistling:

I was at a place called Urban Racing in St Helens on Monday and they said a place in Liverpool called (Ironically) the Liverpool Geometry and Alignment Centre is supposed to be very good too.

Did Drury still offer you the LOC Gold Member discount? ;)

Sorry.

I have no concerns with other centres unless they fall under the wim recommendation.

I had to inform Paul on a few occasions to invite customers back since the calibration was incorrect... Why would you assume i wouldn't be courteous about this?

They haven't heard from wim for months because they are no longer a "trusted centre".

Like i said before i have every respect for Drury lane but i have little time to police complaints in a repetitive fashion so i dissolved our association. wim is not a "nanny state".

Your statement "associated" with the "other" place northwest?..... I assume this is a subliminal attack on TDi north!

I find it odd that tdi north are still "trusted centre" after complaints are made against then.

''I assume this is a subliminal attack on TDi north!'' you assume wrong Tony.

Paul has over 25 yrs experience, came across very evey well, as did steve the mechanic, and by the looks of it been on allsorts of courses.

Your association with TDI is really starting to show Tony

@ Anees yes LOC discount :D

Quote Gord:

I find it odd that tdi north are still "trusted centre" after complaints are made against then.

''I assume this is a subliminal attack on TDi north!'' you assume wrong Tony.

Paul has over 25 yrs experience, came across very evey well, as did steve the mechanic, and by the looks of it been on allsorts of courses.

Your association with TDI is really starting to show Tony

P1 and P2 are contradictory. TDi north has never been a trusted centre! And the remark in P1 proves P2?

Why are you so offended wim is detached from Drury lane? You suggested they were still an approved centre. All i said was they are not and i offered a complete "unbiased polite" explanation why.

If TDi north have complaints regarding chassis calibration then that's news to me? Maybe you can point me to a thread or ten so i can adjust my opinion?

My association with TDi has nothing to do with you. If i want to associate with the best engine modifiers in the Uk that's my choice... If i want to associate with a company who are accredited by Pro drive (best in the world) then that's also my choice.

I fail to see how my association with an indisputable corporation is a matter of conversation, unless you are questioning my personal credibility?

Gord, has Drury Lane set your geometry up correctly? No offence meant to anyone here, but all the courses in the world mean diddly if you use that learning to set up geo to the wrong figures. That goes for all the dogs danglies equipment too. I could use a piece of string, a spirit level and a torch to set up my geometry all wrong, with no courses at all ;)

I have no axe to grind with WIM, Drury Lane, TDI, Prolex or anyone else but I am sure getting tired of the bickering that seems to go on around the forum.

Gord, has Drury Lane set your geometry up correctly? No offence meant to anyone here, but all the courses in the world mean diddly if you use that learning to set up geo to the wrong figures. That goes for all the dogs danglies equipment too. I could use a piece of string, a spirit level and a torch to set up my geometry all wrong, with no courses at all ;)

I have no axe to grind with WIM, Drury Lane, TDI, Prolex or anyone else but I am sure getting tired of the bickering that seems to go on around the forum.

Yes i was happy with what i seen/shown, didn't feel much difference driving the car home, but then the car has had the geometry done sometime in the past, but i have changed to Tein coilovers + now have 18inch wheels + it was not out by much.

But was very pleased with the service drury lane gave me.

Cmon Guys lets keep it civil and on topic. Debate and passing of varying opinions

& useful information to help other memmbers is what I believe the forums are for ?

We dont have to agree about everything to get along without constant bickering.

Gord , I'm glad you got what you feel was a grand service from Drury Lane

and you got LOC discount. :yahoo:

Maybe it would be easiest here to supply the correct IS200 geometry setting to Gord

in a PM (info not to be disclosed publicly) to check for himself that it has been set correctly,

then it is problem solved. ( I hope :crybaby: )

I wish to state that I also have no axe to grind with WIM, Drury Lane, TDI (North or South), Prolex, Charlesworth Motors etc

at the end of the day you pays yer money, you takes yer choice :winky:

• 2 weeks later...

If you look in the Knowledge section of the website Wozza, IS200 Tracking setting are in there for public view.

They don't mean anything to me but i assume if i took them to someone who sets up Geo it would mean something to them.

Hope this helps.

Stav

If you look in the Knowledge section of the website Wozza, IS200 Tracking setting are in there for public view.

They don't mean anything to me but i assume if i took them to someone who sets up Geo it would mean something to them.

Hope this helps.

Stav

AFAIK they are the standard Lexus settings.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry.

Lexus_Geometry.doc

Edited by imperial1952

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry.

Hi Tony, have you sent Paul any letters about being one of your ''wim trusted centre'' ?

How much must he pay ?

Hi Tony, have you sent Paul any letters about being one of your ''wim trusted centre'' ?

How much must he pay ?

I have no interest with trusted centres only franchise's at the moment..... Desirable areas are Midlands, Scotland and Ireland.

The "Trusted centres" worked very well as a concept and many company's benefited but it was to time consuming to police.

This is no way intended to be detrimental to Drury lane who do a stirling service but since the trusted centres wim has moved on.

Tony,

The question Gordon asked remains unanswered.

Reading between the lines it looks like you may have sent a letter to the trusted centres requesting payment for them to remain accredited. Those that did not pay up could have been removed from the list.

This in itself is fine.

What is not OK IMHO ..............IF my assumptions above are correct is saying the company has been removed because of faulty work rather than saying the truth...that they don't want to pay to have accreditation

If I'm wrong and my assumption regarding the possible letter is wrong then I apologise.

Maybe you could clarify the position ?

Tony,

The question Gordon asked remains unanswered.

Reading between the lines it looks like you may have sent a letter to the trusted centres requesting payment for them to remain accredited. Those that did not pay up could have been removed from the list.

This in itself is fine.

What is not OK IMHO ..............IF my assumptions above are correct is saying the company has been removed because of faulty work rather than saying the truth...that they don't want to pay to have accreditation

If I'm wrong and my assumption regarding the possible letter is wrong then I apologise.

Maybe you could clarify the position ?

My business relationships are not open for debate.

This never ending concern whether i validate Drury is probably harming them!...... From the beginning i explained why wim disassociated from "ALL" trusted centres, Drury included.

Maybe read this thread from wim/forum> http://www.wheels-inmotion.co.uk/forum/ind...ic=2016&hl= and you will realize i have no animosity or argument (singular) with Drury lane.

I had my Geometry set today by Drury lane along with some figures provided by the Doc.

And i must say i was very impressed with the service i recieved.

The staff were friendly and explained everything for me.

must say A*

Stav

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links