Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I know this topic has been covered a number of times previously but, after a good wash and brush up yesterday

i noticed the paintwork on the front bumper and bonnet is atrocious, it looks like its been shot with a blunderbus.

The car is black and the base coat is an obvious white which shows out each chip. Has anyone had any joy

complaining about the state of paintwork on the IS. The way it looks it could start to rust during the winter,

is this covered by the anti-corrosion warranty?

Advice please.

Infinity.......

if you read the service warranty booklet in your folder perforation of bodywork is covered but paint chips scratches etc are not, even when it happens using a microfibre cloth when washing, A real pain this paint just use plenty of good wax etc and hope for the best like the rest of us i think. Good luck... :rolleyes:

I know this topic has been covered a number of times previously but, after a good wash and brush up yesterday

i noticed the paintwork on the front bumper and bonnet is atrocious, it looks like its been shot with a blunderbus.

The car is black and the base coat is an obvious white which shows out each chip. Has anyone had any joy

complaining about the state of paintwork on the IS. The way it looks it could start to rust during the winter,

is this covered by the anti-corrosion warranty?

Advice please.

Infinity.......

Well your front bumper isn't going to rust...it's plastic :lol: Neither is your bonnet, it's aluminium....

I've been touching my chip marks up today, seem to have collected a few right on the front edge of the bonnet :angry:

Si,

as Tango says it's either plastic, aluminium or Galvanised/galvanealed panels - so the car should be rust free for years and years - in fact the entire lifespan...

I'm letting mine get peppered...in a couple of years I'll take into a quality bodyshop and get them to respray it using something harder for the top coat...

A word of warning for those needing a new windscreen, I have had mine replaced and now waiting for significant repairs to put it right!

Autoglass came out to change the screen, a miserable git of a fitter started working on the car. I could tell he was in a huff about something as he chuntered on about how 'these Toyotas have too much plastic on them making the screens hard to fit!'. Anyway, I left him to his work and could see him from the office window, to be fair he had to take quite a bit of the under bonnet plastics off to get the screen surround out.

An hour later, job's done but he was moaning they'd only sent two left hand screen trims so he'd fitted the old one again as it wasn't damaged. I questioned that the screen looked 'low' in the body but was told that 'they fit them wrong in the first place'. Alarm bells were ringing now so had a check over the job, faults found -

Both A pillars scratched down to the primer/metal all the way up from the lever he used to get the window out

Both front wings damaged in much the same way

OS window trim had broken clips so was hanging off (this was the old trim)

NS window trim hanging off but this transpired to be the clips he'd broken off the bodywork :crying: after later inspection.

All under bonnet plastics loose (just laid on the engine) as he'd broken 12 clips that hold it all down.

Repairs are going to be around £500 paintwork, new screen fitment, and £40 for the clips for the engine cover!

If you have one replaced, might be worth watching the fitter for the first half an hour to make sure they know what they are doing - seems the new car issue and being part of the learning curve has hit me again :crybaby:

Rich - had a similar problem with my Audi's. I wuld never ever let them fit it at my place of work or home again. That's where the problems mount up...

You're better off going there and leaving the car with them or wait. That way if anything goes wrong, you have someone in authority to whinge at...and they can't blame the weather for making it too difficult, which is what I had...

Hope they sort it - which they will...oooh yes - make sure that you have the windscreen wiper demister on the screen and they connect it up properly....

In the end they had to get a new screen and trim and yes they had scratched the pillar on the drivers side...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links