Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Models For The Uk In 2008

Tango

Made a visit to Lexus Bristol on Friday, and during the course of a conversation with the service manager he mentioned three new models were being introduced to the UK in 2008 but Lexus GB were not saying (at the moment) what they are. I mentioned the IS-F, but he said that was a given and the three new models were in addition to the IS-F, so what will they be? The LS 600 hL (hybrid, long wheelbase) is already here, so can only assume perhaps it's the IS convertible, the LF-A (will be in China in 2008 so why not here), and ??? Anyone heard anything?

Just wish they'd bring in the IS350, but I guess chances are slim with the IS-F coming in...

I've read so many different things I'm not sure what's coming anymore........

LF-A

LF-A convertible

IS convertible

Standalone hybrid to sit between IS and GS

I still think the IS350 is on the way - aren't there only 150 IS-Fs coming into the UK in the first year? Therefore there'll bring the IS350 in just after it for all the people that missed out but want a quick IS - it has to come with the 335 and C350 selling pretty well now.........

LF-A

LF-A convertible

IS convertible

I still think the IS350 is on the way - aren't there only 150 IS-Fs coming into the UK in the first year? Therefore there'll bring the IS350 in just after it for all the people that missed out but want a quick IS - it has to come with the 335 and C350 selling pretty well now.........

Bristol say the most requested by potential customers is an auto 220D, closely followed by the 350, then curiously enough a 250/220/350 Sportscross/Estate.

LF-A

LF-A convertible

IS convertible

Bristol say the most requested by potential customers is an auto 220D, closely followed by the 350, then curiously enough a 250/220/350 Sportscross/Estate.

I did hear somewhere that every Lexus in a showroom would be a hybrid by something like 2012 (or was it before) - so may be there are more Hybrids of the same models about to hit the streets rather than actual new body shapes....

Whatever they do with IS is too late in my opinion...Lexus's simple answer is give the UK limited engines and options but with every extra imaginable...works for most and is a good strategy...But....

The ISF won't have enough BHP for many people to consider it other than Lexus fans - remember people who buy "Q" cars don't need to race them from the lights; they want to tell everyone that their car has the most BHP/Torque and they don't need to prove how fast it is, so that they can look down on anyone driving the competition...

Joking aside, the IS350 should have been here already but more importantly before the BMW335 came over...all them lost sales...and now the new C Class is here people will be buying them...I see almost as many of those already as I do the new IS where I live...

The compo isn't standing still - the new M3, RS5 (virtually here now), new AMG C Class etc are also coming here...soon!

And don't forget the new A4 - that will be a good car!!

the new SC is due next spring isn't it?

PLEASE don't tell me a cabrio IS is due when i'm just about to jump ship to a Merc! don't the dealers realise it will be affecting buying decisions NOW, not just next year! :(

"Jump ship to Merc" ??? :tsktsk: :offtopic:

Surely not! you don't LOOK mad, but........or are you a hairdresser? (Tease :whistling: )