Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi folks,

Just a question about the HID headlamps. I have IS250 SE and was wanting to upgrade to HIDS, but to be perfectly honest dont really know much about them. I saw this on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...em=250158519946

what do you guys think? What kinda price should HID kits cost??

Also is it the Bi-xenon which bend round corners etc?? Do you have to get a different kit for that or is that all integrated.

Sorry for the dumb questions

Thanks for any help

• 3 weeks later...
Also is it the Bi-xenon which bend round corners etc?? Do you have to get a different kit for that or is that all integrated.

Looks like it's just a lamp replacement, don't think retrofitting the adaptive headlight system for 'seeing round corners' will be either easy or cheap.

Also is it the Bi-xenon which bend round corners etc??

Hi,

Bi-Xenon has no connection with 'looking round corner' functionality. Xenons are either Xenon or Bi-Xenon - with the latter being better because both the main beam and high beam are Xenon, the output controlled by means of an internal shutter.

General consensus is that any retrofit of Xenons is never as good as the factory fit ones due to the way you have to go about fitting them. Cheap(er) alternatives are to fit the Xenon filament bulb (with some minor headlamp unit modification and this is the part in which the eBay listing refers to issues around 'no errors' ) to allow for the retrofit, but as with many thins, you pay for what you get.

Quite clearly I'm missing something here - your IS already has Xenons fitted, why would you want to fit these which appear to be the same thing? Also I would urge you to consider any issues relating to your warranty as any diddling with electrics and wires might invalidate it.

Hope this helps.

I don't think Xenons / HIDs were standard on the new IS - you can still get them with halogen based lights.

Aido..the HIDs were standard on mine (SE-L auto)

Leather seating pack (including: heated and ventilated; 8-way electrically adjustable front seats, featuring memory function) Rain-sensing wipers Front and rear parking sensors HID headlamps with intelligent Adaptive Front-lighting System (i-AFS) Rear armrest with storage and boot through Power sunshade (rear window) Illuminated scuff plates (front) Electrically adjustable steering column Electro-chromatic interior/exterior mirrors Wood trim 17" alloy wheels: Tyre size (front) 225/45R17 + (rear) 245/45R17 Optional sunroof Optional Multimedia Pack (05 DVD based Sat Nav; 7" VGA screen; Mark Levinson� Audio [14 speakers; 5.1 surround sound: 6 DVD changer] Bluetooth� connectivity; Parking Assist Monitor)

I paid about £200 for my HID kit (can't remember exactly how much but think it was in that ballpark). It's a Meccatune kit that I got from Prolex, and has been excellent so far.

If you think the standard headlights are good, you'll be amazed when you fit HID - it's definitely worth the money and one of the best mods I've made to my car.

You can't fit the adaptive headlights or anything, but the upgrade in light output that HID gives is truly phenomenal......I can't recommend it more highly, definitely go for it!!!

[offtopic]

To be honest, I have the 250 Sport but I have never noticed the lights moving around bends, maybe because its too accurate/smooth therefore I don't notice it. I will pay more attention next time, but the 250 Sport comes with HID and i-AFS.

[/offtopic]

[offtopic]

To be honest, I have the 250 Sport but I have never noticed the lights moving around bends, maybe because its too accurate/smooth therefore I don't notice it. I will pay more attention next time, but the 250 Sport comes with HID and i-AFS.

[/offtopic]

I've only really noticed it working on very tight bends at relatively slow speeds, especially on the treelined, drystone walled 'B' roads we have around here.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links