Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Can This Lip Be Fitted To The Is200 Rear?

imyruff

yeah i agree with Rory, i thought the 300 was slightly wider so it shouldnt fit all three but i'm sure someone will correct me.

It looks just like the TRD rear lip but two exhaust holes instead of one.

Stav

Its the same fitment as the trd rear lip a couple of screws at each end and bonded across the main body with something like 3m double sided tape? not 100% sure on the bonded bit? on the rear arches on the is200 there are small black plastic plates behind the rear wheel where the mudflaps would go you take these off and fit the skirt in there place you dont have to cut the rear bumper as it fits in the groove and hangs down from there if you look at the rear bumper you will see where i mean??

Yep as said above, if it's an exact replica of the TRD skirt (but just with two exhaust holes) then it will fit fine, it just sticks to the bottom of the bumper as the normal TRD skirt does and screws into the arch behind the rear wheels.

I was going to say why not just get an original skirt and then have the second hole cut out of it, but then I saw the price!! :D

yeah i agree with Rory, i thought the 300 was slightly wider so it shouldnt fit all three but i'm sure someone will correct me.

It looks just like the TRD rear lip but two exhaust holes instead of one.

Stav

wasn't it just the US models only that were different in size? I thought uk is300 was the same size as uk is200?? i'm sure we went down this road with Rod when he ordered his kit, didn't that come from the US?

One thing guys but how can this lip be fitted on straight as the original bumper is not already cut for the second exhaust???

I think there does have to be minor alterations to your existing bumper, however, only a small job

EDIT: I believe moffet changed his rear bumper for one already prepared to accommodate two exhausts and fitted the rear lip to that one, rather than modify the existing one that was on his car...?

Moffet?

Yes, the lip was already attached to the bumper when the bumper was fitted so I don't know how what was done to the bumper for the second exit.

As far as I know the bumper has a chunk cut out too, but to be honest I've not gone under there to look. Can't look at the moment because the car is in the bodyshop getting the front bumper resprayed, but I should be getting it back tonight so will take a look for you then and let you know (I'll try to take a pic if I have enough room).

Any ideas on how I could cut the bottom part of the bumper off in order to get the lip fitted???

With the OEM TRD lip, you get fitting kit. you have to take bumper off the car to fit correct, and im sure it has mounting point all the way around it, attaching to the main bumper.

This is the problem when you buy after market body kits, thay dont always can with fitting kits.

Any ideas on how I could cut the bottom part of the bumper off in order to get the lip fitted???

Im sure that your existing bumper will have to be cut with an air saw to accomaodate the second exhaust! They will cut a hole the same size as the existing one, it will look different but when the lip is fitted to the car it will cover up the hole and make both of them look identical.

It might be worth fitting the lip with something like tiger seal (strong automotive adhesive) as this will be stronger than 3m tape! Although 3m tape might do the job if its fixed correctly at the sides!

Jason :P