Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

well go to pickup my is220 sel mm today, garage has had it since last friday.

hope it's all sorted now, got the car mid july, then about 2 weeks ago it started to rattle from the dash, passenger door, rear shelf and the drivers seat started to creek. the car has only done 1145 miles.

the garage seemed to know about most of these problem, was abit unsure about them saying they wanted to remove the dash, but if it sorts it i will be happy.

oh, also asked them to see if they could do anything with the rear mirror, shaking well!. i know others have had this problem, but was unsure if the problem had a fix yet?

well fingers crossed!!!

hope i'm lucky, or whens it going back again? (ha ha)

well got it back tonight, drivers seat now ok, passenger door now ok, dash ok, also they put a new rear view mirror in and it has much much less vibration, still not 100% stable but now much more usable than before.

but they want it back 21st sept for maybe upto a week to sort the noise coming from the back, sounds like something is lose in the area of the blind, say they have contacted lexus tech and are awaiting a responce.

well will have to wait and see what happens then, maybe i will have some more rattles by then for them to sort out.

ps. has anyone else had to have the noise from the rear shelf looked at?

• 2 weeks later...

well, got feed up wait for the 21st, that's when it's booked in for, so last weekend removed the back seats, side panels, rear shelves and the boot lining. put pipe insulation around all wires made sure all bolts where nice and tight. drove it round the block(bumpy in places), oh how lovely no noise. so put it all back together. then went out for a longer drive, balls!, theres the noise again, so got the wife out asked her to drive and i laid in the boot, im sure she was cornering a bit fast, and laughing to herself (ha ha). now once in side the boot i could not hear anything. so now out for a drive again, wife driving me on the back seat now, once the noise started i start pushing different panels, with no luck, then by luck i pushed down on the rear shelf (the part behind the sun blinder), the noise stopped, so wedged some pipe insulation between the very far coner of the shelf and the rear window. now 4 days later still no noise.

will still take it to the dealer next friday, as not happy about having pipe insulation stick out the rear shelf!

• 2 weeks later...

well went to collect my car today. they have to weld a seam in the back, and yes it seems to have done the job the noice has gone from the back.

now the bad news!

when they road tested the car a stone hit the windscreen, so they have had a new one fitted. but as i drove out of the dealership i noticed a rattling coming from the front of the car!!!!!!!!!! so drove round the block and then straight back in the dealership. went out with the tech guy, he said it sounds like the screen is making the noise.

so now taking it back to them on monday for the screen to be refitted.

maybe one day it will be rattle free.

Sh*t happens, sure it will be sorted.

one thought i wondered if the screen fitting company may have put a 250 screen in, yes it would fit but the 220 one is designed to absorb vibration? could be?

well, after the new prob with the windscreen, went to lex tech doc website and looked up windscreen replacement.

when i read through it tell's you about removing the side windscreen trims, it tells you about the clips may brake and if so they must be replaced, so i went out and inspected them on my car, great, passenger side broken, not a happy bunny. this morning went over to the dealship and saw the service manager, seemed a nice bloke, explained about the new rattle, the broken trim, the newly scuffed alloy (wasn't like that when it went in) then whilst talking the wife noticed a mark on the front bumper i had a look and yes scratched, strange as the scrach goes fron the bottom upwards as if something has dragged upward across it, now hand on heart it was not there when it went in. at this point my blood is starting to boil. my car went in with one problem now i have 3 new problems!

service manager said they will collect the car from me on wednesday and sort them all, which is good of them, but there again so they should if i damaged my car i would feel gutted but to find that someone else has is even worse.

i had my is200se for just over 6 years and it only ever went to the garage for it's service, has lexus slipped that much, my new is220sel m/m will have been back 4 times in under 3 months.

fingers cross once again!

When you get to a point like this you have to get what you can rectified by the current dealer and then find one you trust.

problem is they are the only one in my area and they are 34 miles away. if only it was that simple. may have to see what lexus head office say about it all.

As this is a brand new car, i wonder if you have enough problems to get them to replace the whole car...

Something like the lemon law or whatever they call it in the states..

John

Replace the car? Yeah right... :shutit: :whistling I tried really hard and failed...

They'll never do this for a rattling lemon...if you've a twisted chassis, a car that pulls and can't be fixed, etc then yes...but never for rattles...

The closest you'l get is a decent PEX price to drive another one away...

John

Replace the car? Yeah right... :shutit: :whistling I tried really hard and failed...

They'll never do this for a rattling lemon...if you've a twisted chassis, a car that pulls and can't be fixed, etc then yes...but never for rattles...

The closest you'l get is a decent PEX price to drive another one away...

yeah are trading laws (UK) are somewhat sh*t, nothing much is defined such as time scales, only thing i could see was if a fault is inherent it is down to the retailer to prove it is not inherent and lets face it rattles on a 220D are inherent! ha ha.

well got to laugh, after my problems, or i would be crying!!

well car being collected in the morning, spoke to lexus call center tonight, they spoke to dealership about problem.

got the offer of a full valet and a tank of desiel as a gesture of good will.

i called dealership as they had already said they would do full inside valet to get rid of white marks on dash and trim, left after dash removal, and also i have a paint sealant so i never have the garage touch the paint work. then said i have 3/4 tank already. so grand total of good will about £15 for 1/4 tank!

agreed that cost towards 1st service may be a better idea, manager said he would speak to service and see what they could come up with.

well let you know whats happed later in the week

well got my car back friday afternoon, have to say alloy and scratch have been done very well. also another new windscreen, but i noticed this time that the rubber seal at the top edge of the screen is there, last week it was missing, also side trims now fixed down (no brocken clips). so started and drove off................................ahhhhhhhh peace (well apart from the wife going on about the damage on the loan car oppps!). so yes fingers crossed at last all sorted.

oh yes, had a little toyota on loan, wife went to tesco's on friday, when she came out some ar*e hole had caught the rear drivers side bumper, thankfully no dents but on the corner quite a bit of paint gone, so have to wait and see what the garage say it will cost, and how much it's going to cost me.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links