Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

G Power's Bmw M3 Csl

G Power are now offering packages for the BMW M3 CSL, propelling its power from an unshy 507bhp, upto a angy 550 horses. How? By shoe-horning an M5 engine into it!

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/default.asp?storyId=16695

bmwm3csl_2.jpg

If that isn't enough, they will be offering a supercharger kit for it soon as well, generating a fearsome 750bhp :lol:

Crazy!

Jamie

Wow, that is immense! 750 bhp in a 3 series is crazy..........I like the idea of sticking that engine in a Z4 too, would be an absolute rocket!

I didn't realise the M3 CSL had 507bhp as standard anyway, thought it was much less (standard M3 is 340 isn't it).......an engine transplant seems a little excessive for an extra 43bhp........ :shutit:

Wow, that is immense! 750 bhp in a 3 series is crazy..........I like the idea of sticking that engine in a Z4 too, would be an absolute rocket!

I didn't realise the M3 CSL had 507bhp as standard anyway, thought it was much less (standard M3 is 340 isn't it).......an engine transplant seems a little excessive for an extra 43bhp........ :shutit:

You're right, the CSL is around 340/360 ish. Must be a typo somewhere, makes more sense when the increase is 200bhp :crying: CSL's are twitchy anyway, that'd be terrifying!

EDIT - just read it and get the point now, the standard M5 is 507, so they're comparing the stats on the M5 engine (standard to the modded one they fit) rather than the CSL's.

the 507hp V10 from the M5 is an amazing engine,i think the supercharger on that would just be dangerous for a day to day driver in a csl.whereas the M5 itself is a very well composed car and more than enough power.

btw m3 343hp

csl 360hp

m5 507hp

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links