Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lpg Single Point Or Multi Best ?

wow300

I have only ever had the single point type, wondered how people have got on with the multi point system as i was speaking to someone today who has experiance in fitting and says more problems with the multi point and not alot more economy!

Got multipoint on mine. More to go wrong (6 injectors instead of one), but runs fine. If you're fussy about more things to go wrong, ride a pushbike instead of a Lexus! :P

Only niggle is that it can't get enough fuel through at high load/RPM, at which point it'll trip back to petrol until you ease off a bit. Could do with bigger injectors really, but as mine are already apparently size "C" the newer (Romano fast) injectors don't go any bigger!

Got multipoint on mine. More to go wrong (6 injectors instead of one), but runs fine. If you're fussy about more things to go wrong, ride a pushbike instead of a Lexus! :P

Only niggle is that it can't get enough fuel through at high load/RPM, at which point it'll trip back to petrol until you ease off a bit. Could do with bigger injectors really, but as mine are already apparently size "C" the newer (Romano fast) injectors don't go any bigger!

What kind of mileage you getting, i know on my old mk1 gs with single point i am getting 80 miles to £10 round town and 120 miles on the motorway

Average about 230-240 miles on 60 litres (about £24 worth), mixed urban/motorway/windy-rural driving.

That's 4 miles per litre or about 18mpg.

I do have a heavy right foot, mind! :D

I must express an interest here as I asked the same question some time ago about converting to LPG.

I have not taken advice on single or multipoint but everyone recommended a fast lube system as a must

Mileage quoted worries me. I have a light right foot and average 28 min on petrol. On a run I can get 33-34 mpg on petrol.

The average drop in consumption varies but is said to be about 10%. To get 18mpg you must be flooring it at every opportunity.

When asked Lexus did not want to know about converting and were less than helpful but that you would expect.

Has anyone out there suffered engine problems which has been attributed to the gas conversion. I am currently on about 80k miles so its only just run in?????. Saving money on fuel would be dwarfed if a new engine was needed.

I must express an interest here as I asked the same question some time ago about converting to LPG.

I have not taken advice on single or multipoint but everyone recommended a fast lube system as a must

Yes, definitely.

Mileage quoted worries me. I have a light right foot and average 28 min on petrol. On a run I can get 33-34 mpg on petrol.

The average drop in consumption varies but is said to be about 10%. To get 18mpg you must be flooring it at every opportunity.

I don't get much more mpg than that on petrol to be honest! Like I said, it's very mixed driving (a big chunk of it is winding Mid Wales roads).

I'd expect you to get 30mpg on a run on LPG.

Been thinking about an lpg system for a while, the idea of cheap fuel sounds good,

so

How much does a decent system cost inc installation?

Thanks

Paul

Mine cost me £1700 inc. VAT, that also includes free LPG system servicing for as long as I own the car.

Work was carried out at the Phil Price Rally School, Phil runs all of his rally cars on LPG and is one of Autogas Worldwide's approved installers.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links