Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I am now wanting a used 250se auto,search been delayed due to wifes new car,but i am struggling to find a car due to the residuals been so good

have looked in a price guide book which has a 55 plate with 20,000mls without MM in at £18950 from a dealer if that was the reality i would be very

happy i know its only a guide but their £3-4000 out and used 250 autos are like rocking horse.......so i must keep saving !

I am now wanting a used 250se auto,search been delayed due to wifes new car,but i am struggling to find a car due to the residuals been so good

have looked in a price guide book which has a 55 plate with 20,000mls without MM in at £18950 from a dealer if that was the reality i would be very

happy i know its only a guide but their £3-4000 out and used 250 autos are like rocking horse.......so i must keep saving !

Hi Mack

Iv'e been trying for about 4mths to get a Se auto with MM at a reasonable price :crybaby: . I have been off work (due to an op) so my search has been relentless to no avail.I have just caved in and got a 220se with MM for £20450 with a decent trade on my 307. As you say they are really hard to get hold of and the pre-owned ones were coming in only a few grand under what DD were quoting for a brand newie :rolleyes:

Good Luck, coz I'm sure you'll need it :winky:

Debi

Hi Mack

Iv'e been trying for about 4mths to get a Se auto with MM at a reasonable price :crybaby: . I have been off work (due to an op) so my search has been relentless to no avail.I have just caved in and got a 220se with MM for £20450 with a decent trade on my 307. As you say they are really hard to get hold of and the pre-owned ones were coming in only a few grand under what DD were quoting for a brand newie :rolleyes:

Good Luck, coz I'm sure you'll need it :winky:

Debi

Thanks for the reply Debi i hope your happy with the car,as for the 250 auto i think i will have to wait and see what happens over the next 3-4 months

residual wise,but then again i have a lottery ticket for tomorrow night you never know the odds of finding a 250 auto are longer :)

Thanks for the reply Debi i hope your happy with the car,as for the 250 auto i think i will have to wait and see what happens over the next 3-4 months

residual wise,but then again i have a lottery ticket for tomorrow night you never know the odds of finding a 250 auto are longer :)

Lexus Wolverhampton have got a couple I think.

Car sales pitches are quietest in November - they'll do anything to sell. I'd wait a few more weeks...you'll get the Auto 250 for less...I reckon it's worth the wait!

Idid state on a thread when I first drove the 250 Auto - if you're gonne get an IS250, it HAS to be the Auto 'cos it's so good...like Merc's - the manuals never hold their price too well...

I think its worth mentioning though that I was being quite fussy :blush: I only wanted certain colours, had to have the beige leather + MM and I wanted a good price too. I decided as this was the first car I was spending this kind of money on I would go for the best deal I could find with a view to maybe trading it in 12mths for a 250 Auto.

Happy hunting

Debi

Actually residuals are marked down by the car price guides. Where else would you find a product that loses a third of its value in the first year and half in three years?

The insurance companies don't lose out if you have an accident. Let's say, for example, you pay £500 a year in insurance premiums. Then you have an accident costing £800. The insurance company LOANS you the money to fix the car. They then claim the money back in increased premiums EVEN IF YOU'VE GOT PROTECTED NO CLAIMS.

The only way you can make money from a car accident claim, then, is if you write off the car and they have to buy you a replacement, EXCEPT, they only pay out according to the used car guides. You lose money as soon as you drive the car off the forecourt even though the car manufacturer doesn't when it puts tranport mileage on the car. This is the insurance companies getting the price as low as they can as soon as possible and why the big drop is in the first year. The only question is what kind of back-handers the car price guides get from the insurance companies or if they're actually owned by them.

Is it any wonder then that Warren Buffett, now the world's third richest, gets over half his profits from the insurance industry?

Thanks to all for the advice i think i will wait a while like Jamboo says see if i can get a good deal closer to Christmas,im not bothered about the MM

being on the car in my work i do a lot of miles but its mostly all West/North Yorkshire so i would not really use it as i know the areas well enough.

I did not win the lottery last night in case you were wondering. :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links