Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Supagard , Just Wondering.......

I have just read on the leaflet they gave me that it is guaranteed for three years. Does this mean then that if the car I have just bought was treated, there is still 16mths of that guarantee left :unsure: and does it transfer with ownership like the warranty?

Thanx

Debi

Debi,

that guarantee is probably not worth the paper it's written on. Supagard can be easily/inadvertantly removed by using a polish - it's as simple as that - and as your car is not new the previous owner could have taken it off and not even know...

I wonder if anyone has ever claimed on that guarantee, and under wat terms and if they were ever successful???

I've always avoided the stuff 'cos you can normally do it by getting a kit off eBay for £25!! Or use other treatments such as Klasse/carlack or other...

Debi,

that guarantee is probably not worth the paper it's written on. Supagard can be easily/inadvertantly removed by using a polish - it's as simple as that - and as your car is not new the previous owner could have taken it off and not even know...

I wonder if anyone has ever claimed on that guarantee, and under wat terms and if they were ever successful???

I've always avoided the stuff 'cos you can normally do it by getting a kit off ebay for £25!! Or use other treatments such as Klasse/carlack or other...

Thanx Jambo

What's the kit on e-bay called? Need to give my other hlf something to do :whistling:

Debi

Agree with Jambo on this one. we had supapap on our Golf Gti, it didn't stop the bird lime marks!!! and you can't claim for that? never again........ bloody waste of money :tsktsk:

oh and the VW screwed up applying the glue for the supagard security numbers, we had to have them reapplied, which looked nice! we did argue for compo and got 500 back for the screw ups.....

Personally I think that Supagard is a bit of a rip-off given the price charged for the treatment, its quite easy to achieve the same results yourself for a fraction of the cost. All you need are a few materials, a spare day and plenty of elbow power!

Jambo is right; carlack 68 is probably one of the better sealants available, but use sparingly or else expect bulbous biceps and a very sore shoulder afterwards! Of course always micro-fibre cloths for applying the sealant then buffing. Once finished definitely put on a top layer of carnauba-based wax for an incredible finish!

I think that car dealers rely on the fact that we all want to keep our new pride and joy as close to showroom condition as we can for as long as possible, so paying for Supagard is very tempting and many obviously decide to buy it. Each to their own and not everyone can spare the time or inclination to do it themselves. I have only been tempted once on a previous buy, but never again. I find that by setting aside one day within the first week of taking delivery of a new car and treating it myself with alternative sealant and wax, not only achieves better results but is of course vastly cheaper!

Its also a great excuse to spend time appreciating your new toy!

This product is of any use if and I do mean if it has been applied in stages and correctly (as prescribed). Otherwise totally useless and seeing as it should really take a day to do...I can't really see any Dealer allowing their valeting people this time aside per day per car.

Wholesale waste of money IMHO - if you reallyreally must have it, then get it done privately and watch them do it for peace of mind - but then again I am cynical! ;)

Were talked into having it done, dark colour, soft paint. Like someone said, it doesn't repell bird lime. Anyone know what does?

Don't waste your money, follow the advice on paint protection given by other members of the forum.

Carlack 68 is the best that money can buy and is priced at around £12 (just do a google search) and im sure that many would agree. you just wipe it on sparingly with a microfibre cloth complete the car have a break for half an hour and then wipe off, no real effort involved, repeat the process after a week or two then apply a coat of p21s wax a week later. No better shine and protection can be had and this WILL protect your baby from bird lime. I also carry in the boot a bottle of quick detailer and a microfibre pad or cloth to remove the offending article asap, hope this helps :winky:

Carlack 68 is the best that money can buy and is priced at around £12 (just do a google search) and im sure that many would agree. you just wipe it on sparingly with a microfibre cloth complete the car have a break for half an hour and then wipe off, no real effort involved, repeat the process after a week or two then apply a coat of p21s wax a week later. No better shine and protection can be had and this WILL protect your baby from bird lime. I also carry in the boot a bottle of quick detailer and a microfibre pad or cloth to remove the offending article asap, hope this helps :winky:

Thanx all

I wasn't going to pay for it, I was looking at the three year guarantee and wondering if it was trasferable,obviously not, Will get the Carlack 68 and get the other half on it ASAP

Cheers

Debi

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links