Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Bluetooth Kit

As requested, a picture of the lexus Bluetooth option to give an idea of what it looks like / position - apologies over poor pic but appears it is the zoom that is playing up on the old camera, hopefully attached is sufficient anyway.......

Must admit, not overly impressed with the kit - yes, it works, sound quality is fine etc but it has a few niggles:-

1) You start the car, get into your favourite tune and the young lady pipes up 'Phone 1 Connected', not a major problem but still a bit of a nuisance

2) The voice recognition is rubbish, either that or it is my accent which is pretty normal, not farmer giles or anything similar. For the life of me, I cannot get it to recognise number 8 - always repeats it as 2! It really does appear to have a mind of its own on what it decides you have said

Haven't played with it too much yet to be honest but basics are:-

1) Can store up to 20 contacts (if you can get the damn numbers recognised), does not pick them up from your phone

2) Can dial a number from your contact list or directly by speaking number (again, can't get this to work as it gets the damn number wrong each time!)

3) Can do redial, last number dial etc

All pretty standard stuff.

Yes, I'm disappointed if I'm honest but still glad I had lexus fit rather than any other tom ***** or harry, they have done a professional job, no cables etc

When I've had time to play with it more, sure I will get the hang of it, this is my first Bluetooth kit, normally had the old hand cradle etc, so probably still learning!

post-18402-1189266681.jpg

post-18402-1189267219.jpg

Quick update, have managed to turn off the nice lady telling me it was paired up with the phone - after losing my rag somewhat at the 20th attempt to get my home number as a contact, I 'politely' told it what to do to which it replied 'prompts off' and it has now stopped

So there you go, to turn her off, swear at her.....

Quick update, have managed to turn off the nice lady telling me it was paired up with the phone - after losing my rag somewhat at the 20th attempt to get my home number as a contact, I 'politely' told it what to do to which it replied 'prompts off' and it has now stopped

So there you go, to turn her off, swear at her.....

that's the pretty standard way to turn any woman off isn't it? :lol:

Interesting. Let us know how you get on with it. I've been thinking about getting one fitted. Not cheap but I liked the idea of a Lexus solution with Lexus fitting it. I guess thats the microphone on the ceiling? Its a bit disappointing that its grey/black. It really stands out against the light coloured interior.

beginning to seriously think that I may have a faulty unit....

no matter what I try, I cannot get the damn thing to work properly and cannot believe it really is as bad as this normally

Yesterday for example, took around 30 minutes trying to get my home number recognised to put into the contacts list. I finally got the whole number in (one digit at a time, painful), said the command to save (Store) and it thinks I've said 'zero three' screwing up the number altogether!

Will not recognise 'Store' at all........also appears to have a completely random idea of what 'clear' means - sometimes clears the whole number, othertimes clears just the last spoken segment

One plus point, sound quality is good for incoming calls!

Will get in touch with Lexus Bristol to see what they have to say and let you all know

beginning to seriously think that I may have a faulty unit....

no matter what I try, I cannot get the damn thing to work properly and cannot believe it really is as bad as this normally

Yesterday for example, took around 30 minutes trying to get my home number recognised to put into the contacts list. I finally got the whole number in (one digit at a time, painful), said the command to save (Store) and it thinks I've said 'zero three' screwing up the number altogether!

Will not recognise 'Store' at all........also appears to have a completely random idea of what 'clear' means - sometimes clears the whole number, othertimes clears just the last spoken segment

One plus point, sound quality is good for incoming calls!

Will get in touch with Lexus Bristol to see what they have to say and let you all know

I'm sorry, but that looks absolutely s :tsktsk: t.

My friends "Parrot" in his Alfa looks more professional than that. The microphone looks like the standard one you get with a Nokia kit.

I'm with Rob on this one... don't know what you paid for it, but it was probably too much.

That Lexus system is the Motorolla system (I'm sure) - and I have tried it - it was in a courtesy car and worked fantastically well. So you may well have a dodgy unit.

The other thing I have found with Voice Rec is not to talk to it as if it's from a foreign country - talk to it like you would talk to a work colleague - or at least that's how I find the Lexus MM system to work best. If you try and exaggerate any sylabels (dunno how to spell that word) it does the wrong thing!

I had the same kit fitted by the dealer and had the same problem with the voice recognition. On mine the voice was American - I changed the voice to English and it has worked fine since. The unit is working pretty good so far - my only slight issue is that callers say my voice is quiet - i assume its cos they stuck the microphone on the roof point same as yours but facing the passenger - might change it and see if it makes a difference.

I had the same kit fitted by the dealer and had the same problem with the voice recognition. On mine the voice was American - I changed the voice to English and it has worked fine since. The unit is working pretty good so far - my only slight issue is that callers say my voice is quiet - i assume its cos they stuck the microphone on the roof point same as yours but facing the passenger - might change it and see if it makes a difference.

Cheers for the above - how do you change to American to English?

I read the manual - always good I suppose, changed from American to English and guess what - it works fine!!!! Have now successfully added a contact first time, no problems at all.

Had contacted Lexus Bristol and it was booked in for the 27th Sept to get it looked at - saves a trip anyway

Thanks for the info - excellent forum feedback as normal