Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mirror Heaters Stuck On!

n_barker

Hi, I noticed a couple of days ago that my heaters were on on my mirrors even though I had not switched them on, I let the car stand for 1/2 an hour and they cooled, when I switched the ignition back on they got warm again, after fiddling with the on/off switch I got them to go off, I'm not sure if the heated rear window was on or not as I hadn't got my meter with me, the window did feel cold though unlike the mirrirs, has anyone else had this problem please? Does anyone know if the mirrors has got a separate relay to the heated rear window or is it the same one? Also where is the relay so I can check it out?

What on/off switch where you talking about when you said you'd managed to turn them off?

Hi,

I am on about the heated rear window/mirror switch, the neon was not lit but by turning the switch on/off I could hear a relay picking up/dropping off under the dash, the mirrors then went cold, I wondered whether it was the switch on the dash that was faulty or the relay?

Neil.

• 2 weeks later...