Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Angel Eyes Ccfl Problem?!

Hi Guys,

I was wanting to know if anyone has had any problems with CCFL Angel eyes or are aware of any problems with having these? I spoke to someone who does installation of all sorts of things and the person said not to get them as they are a lot of problems as sometimes they dont work or stop working after 6 months and then it will cost you to get it open again an send it back etc etc..... I have seen pics with someone on this forum who had it on his silver is200 , it looked hot!! I am thinking of getting black spray paint done in between and wanted to get the angel eyes but dunno now if i should get them.

Any help or suggestions?! :-?

Hi Guys,

I was wanting to know if anyone has had any problems with CCFL Angel eyes or are aware of any problems with having these? I spoke to someone who does installation of all sorts of things and the person said not to get them as they are a lot of problems as sometimes they dont work or stop working after 6 months and then it will cost you to get it open again an send it back etc etc..... I have seen pics with someone on this forum who had it on his silver is200 , it looked hot!! I am thinking of getting black spray paint done in between and wanted to get the angel eyes but dunno now if i should get them.

Any help or suggestions?! :-?

Hi Dan,

I have just finished installing the Angel Eyes (or Demon Eyes has it says on the box) and spayed the chrome black since i had them opened up too. They work a treat and must say i have had no probs so far.. :unsure:

I did them myself and yes they can be a pain to do the first time round and a bit daunting too since you have to place them in the oven for about 3 mins or so.. But managed to do it and reseal them using clear silicone sealant (if you can get Gray colour it would be a lot better finish).

Hopefully the Demon eyes continue working for a long time :whistling: .

If you need advise just ask mate gladly guide you.

Dibslpg

Thanks for your reply, sounds good. Well the person i know he has done many cars and said if it stops working after 6 months then you have to open it up and send it back again and that could be frustrating. Surprised not many people have this installed on the is200 unless its coz of the problem that i mentioned.

Thanks for your reply, sounds good. Well the person i know he has done many cars and said if it stops working after 6 months then you have to open it up and send it back again and that could be frustrating. Surprised not many people have this installed on the is200 unless its coz of the problem that i mentioned.

Have them on mine for about 3-4 months too no problems yet. reason why more people haven't done this mod is, is its a lot of work and you can mess your lights up if your not too careful. You are kind of screwed if they stop working, open them up and replace them

Thanks for your reply IRLRS :) Sounds good. But im thinking if they do stop working, then yeah u r screwed but then again im sure u cud cope without them considering the HID should still be working. I just hope the angel eye rings arent too noticable with the lights off coz then it cud maybe look daft.

Where did you guys buy them from? I am looking for the best/high quality there is so i don't go wrong abt it?

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

This is the web site where I got my Angel eyes and they still work after 6 months-

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/00-04-LEXUS...sspagenameZWD1V

I had no luck with the other one's that are almost three times expensive ( advance automotive concepts ) cause they brake easy... Good luck! ;)

Thanks for your reply IRLRS :) Sounds good. But im thinking if they do stop working, then yeah u r screwed but then again im sure u cud cope without them considering the HID should still be working. I just hope the angel eye rings arent too noticable with the lights off coz then it cud maybe look daft.

Where did you guys buy them from? I am looking for the best/high quality there is so i don't go wrong abt it?

Cheers