Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Turbo Or Compressor?

OK. I am about to buy one of IS200 Sport, but already with further plans of modification (right now I drive Benz 3,0D 1985 and honda civic 1,6Vti), so comes the question: turbo or compressor? What's more efficient, easy to instal, cheaper, nicer, whatever, etc. I see people do serious things with lexuses here. I am not from UK. Please hepl me to answer these questions. So far I know that TTE offers compessor for 5434,85 Euro excl. VAT + freight costs to your delivery address... No adittional modifications needed (like different air intake system, etc.) How can that be? Doesnt fuel consumption changes? What about detonation? OK. Enough so far.

Supercharger is normally cheaper as less has to be changed and the tte compressor was designed for the lex where as there is no purpose built turbo kit.

No lag with a s/c but i am a big fan of turbos!! As for your question about why no extra parts are needed for the tte s/c, i am not certain why but i'm sure someone will be along shortly to help

Ok. What are approximate costs for installig turbo kit? I see some doing this stuff... Are there any other alternatives for s/c except TTE? That piece (whole kit) costs a lot.. How far can you go? I mean, ok, I put s/c or turbo, doesnt matter, but what power can handle gearbox, clutch, pistons, etc.. I saw advertisement in Germany. Is it worth to buy used one?

http://www.mobile.de/SIDbRivJGqIDXj8wJnkMl...1276798528&

*** damned I need one!

on standard internals, I would not put more than 250bhp but it depends of the health of your engine and how you use it. Gearbox will handle 3000 without issues

There is only the TTE kit for supercharging unless you custom build one but it may end more expensive.

The one you show seems ok but beware of mobile.de, there are lots of scam on it.

So it means, if I dont have extra 5k EUR, I even can not dream about s/c ? Seems so.. Then what woul be the optional turbine for this model and how much hp I can get? And another question. Anyway I will start with "straight" exaust and K&N air filter. How much would be that in hp? For instance on Civic TypeR 2003 this stuff gives almost 20hp on dyno test. That on mobile has one serious problem to my mind, it's automatic.. Nothing personal. :tomato:

look at Prolex-UK and TDI websites for turbo kits. With just a straight exhaust (including manifold), you may reach 10bhp if you add a Camcon. The air filter will just make more noise

Simple life(limited HP)- TTE Supercharger,brand new approx £4k fitted,used approx £2.3k fitted

Complex life(no limit HP)- Loads of differing size turbo's-cost can be as low as £5k fitted,but i know of people that have spent more than £20k.

Id look out for a used charger.I just sold mine for around £1.7k and there are always people about taking them off their cars so im sure if you keep your eyes open you will find a good one soon.Btw used ones are no problem.

• 4 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links