Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Another Mot Sailed Through...

Thought the big dog had another monts MOT left, turns out it had already expired!

Took her to the garage where I get my LPG, good local guy and he did the MOT.

All passes except brake lines.

He recons that 95% of the lines (where exposed to the elements) are covered with a sleeve. But some previous MOTer had decided to cut off a section to check the condition of the brake line :tsktsk: all the line was like new other than this section about 100mm long where the sleeve had been removed. Thie exposed section was buggered and I can't belive it was still holding pressure.

He's a genuine guy and insisted on showing me and offered to take the car down and I caould take it home to fix myself, I don't like doing brake lines and seeing how bad it was got them to do it, £130 for both lines front to back not a bad price but there goes my beer money for the month! :crybaby:

Rant now over, but just incase, if you can, check your brake lines.

If Lexus put sleeving on, they did it for a reason.

Hi Everyone,

My Celsior went in for the MOT today as well, took it into my local Garage at Leabrooks at 10.00 am and got a phone call at 11.00 am telling me it has passed without a problem,very happy as it only cost me £35.00 ( the mot not the car!)

Thats a nasty move by the mot tester removing the coating on a brake line I thought they weren't allowed to do things like that?

Anyway Ian we both have another year of luxury motoring to look forward to and hopefully many more after although I read somewhere you were thinking of selling again?

Cheers,

Steve

I had the same problem on the same day I purchased the car.

Drove all of 300 odd miles home then back in my home town, the brake line split.

Got it taken to my Cousins Garage and sorted for a tenner. Universal brake line cut and bend it yourself :D

Lexus are terrible for prices on some of there stuff :(