Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Suspension Settings...

RedLexus

My IS has been off the road for a while , and now it's getting some TLC ... new tyres , suspension etc . My query is , are the OE suspension settings best for handling , or are there proven tweaks that improve the set-up? My biggest fault would be the lack of steering feel , I was wondering if more caster would improve this? Or , once again , am I mad? :shutit:

Tony,

Would it be possible to get some settings from you for various setups from your experience of working on the IS? The reason I ask is that I am now getting my own car on the road and although I would love to have you setup the geo on mine, I don't think I could warrant the price of the boat trip from belfast and back just to get my setup tuned. I know a place who can dial in the adjustments but I doubt they would have the knowledge to create their own calibration.

Another factor on my car is that it has the 3.0l supra TT engine which adds weight to the front but I suspect the settings from an IS300 would suit this better???

Tony,

Would it be possible to get some settings from you for various setups from your experience of working on the IS? The reason I ask is that I am now getting my own car on the road and although I would love to have you setup the geo on mine, I don't think I could warrant the price of the boat trip from belfast and back just to get my setup tuned. I know a place who can dial in the adjustments but I doubt they would have the knowledge to create their own calibration.

Another factor on my car is that it has the 3.0l supra TT engine which adds weight to the front but I suspect the settings from an IS300 would suit this better???

Appreciate a general release of data gathered over years would be commercial suicide. Although i have no problems assisting those with a modified car like yourself.

What type of calibration are you looking for? road/trials/track/drift.... and so on.

I have , but a while back , maybe if i get them rechecked , and pm you the settings?

It would help... Reason being some decisions for the end calibration needs to be made on the fly so to speak... It would help to have an image of the cars chassis so i can preempt the target data.

Tony,

Appreciate a general release of data gathered over years would be commercial suicide. Although i have no problems assisting those with a modified car like yourself.

What type of calibration are you looking for? road/trials/track/drift.... and so on.

Yeah I thought that may have been the case and yes I understand completely.

I don't want to go off topic here so I will drop you a PM mate.

i know in the USA, Clublexus folks with GS have been able to buy L-tuned ECUs which enable the steering to have more "feel" a la BMW.

Most modern cars now have electronic centre weighting... It feels very artificial! and most newcomers don't like it.

A relaxed chassis "dead ahead" will feel numb, what differs is the proportion of steering action before weight is added to the steering feel.... The GS is generous in the dead zone but easily correctable geometrically.