Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi Guys

Collected my G300SE today and it drives very well, one problem is that the aerial doesn't operat when I turn on the radio. Is this a common fault on this model?

I have had a brief look in the boot and I notice some type of electronic box and then two wires out to the motor, is it ok to try to feed the motor with 12volts DC to see if it works?

Cheers

Probsat

When you say not working do you mean it doesn't go all the way up?

Hi SC

No there is no movement at all. I have since looked at the top of it and there are a few burrs as if someone has tried to pull it up maybe with pliers etc.

I have an electrical/electronics background this is why I asked if there are any common faults to look for, I haven't even checked for a fuse failure yet. mind you I will be surprised if it is fused seperatly. I simply don't know anything about these cars and I am sure that I will be asking for much assistance and hopefully helping others with similar problems.

Cheers

Probsat

The fuse is in the drivers footwell, right hand side, right behind the accelerator

I think it is one of the front ones nearest you when you look at it from the door, where you will wriggle in to get to it

And yes it is fused seperate from the radio, but if my memory serves me right it also is the fuse for the mirrors and a few small things

The fuse is in the drivers footwell, right hand side, right behind the accelerator

I think it is one of the front ones nearest you when you look at it from the door, where you will wriggle in to get to it

And yes it is fused seperate from the radio, but if my memory serves me right it also is the fuse for the mirrors and a few small things

Hello Again

I had a better look and I now know that the relay attached to the aerial is operating, I now assume that it is something mechanical within the aerial. maybe seized or broken. I will remove the aerial tomorrow

Many thanks Ian for your information

Cheers

probsat

Hello Again

I had a better look and I now know that the relay attached to the aerial is operating, I now assume that it is something mechanical within the aerial. maybe seized or broken. I will remove the aerial tomorrow

Many thanks Ian for your information

Cheers

probsat

Hi Again

Removed the aerial and took it apart, it had a lot of water in it. Found that the shaft on the motor is seized due to corrosion. I have used wd40 and I am now using the aerial manualy. Will try again later when the wd40 as hopefully done its job

cheers

probsat