Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

hi

can anyone tell me what they are getting in economy.. i have not done any motorway driving yet but i am only getting 30mpg around town.. i have done 800 miles around town and it is not improving.

car has done 27000 miles and just had the ECG valve replaced... still no difference.

cheers

Thats probably good for town driving as it seems to kill the fuel consumption. I guess thats to be expected from stop start driving in a heavy car. I've never done a full tank around town but when I've reset the counter to check town driving I've only got high twenties. Commuting 14 miles with a 80% motorway 20% town split I got 33mpg. Commuting 40 miles of motorway driving I get 40mpg. Long distance I get 42-45mpg. Mine has the sport gear ratios though.

Oh btw the 40 and 42-45mpg are 70mph on cruise control.

Mine only has 600 miles on the clock, just over a week old, averaging around 32mpg, looks like I am getting about 480 miles to a tank, mixture of town driving, queuing and motorway driving at around 75-80mph. Did get up to 42mpg on a full motorway drive the other day at around 75mph for 200 miles

To be honest, am slightly disappointed, but from the various posts I have read, does appear that this improves over time which from past experience is pretty normal for oil burners - last car gradually improved over the 4 years I had it, eventually hitting around the 48mpg regularly on exactly same kind of trips have done so far in the Lexus

Will be interesting to see how it goes over the next few weeks, got several long motorway trips of 200+ miles each way to do and then at end of October, driving up to top end of Scotland from Bristol, 550+ miles each way!

IS220d SE, 13000 miles, 30/31 in town only, 41 Mixed (70% Mway and 30% Town) and 45-48mpg on purely Mway runs at national speed limitish in 6th where possible, using cruise with AC on and moderately accelerating, not braking hard, and driving sensibly.

Drop the speed to 60-63 mph in 5th with AC off and using cruise and I can better 50mpg on mainly motorway runs. Car has had ECU upgrade only and 5th injector changout nearly 12 months ago.

I reckon the car can be good for 700 miles almost per tank if driven mainly on the motorway at or around the speed limit...though my old A4 :huh: could better 800 miles on a tank (1.9PDi 130bhp) and felt as quick as the Lexus from stand still...but the Lexus Torque is awesome and anyone with a IS250 could be left in the dust (I reckon - there's a challenge - I still think that on a track the 220d would be as quick as a 250 due to the masses of torque)...

MPG improves at approx 5000 miles from my experience, then again at 10000 miles, and seems to get better and better. The car when new needs a hard prod on the pedal even when in neutral/idling to see the RPM needle sweep round - seems to take ages, but once run in properly, this improves considerably. The engine appears to be notoriously tight when new, and someone once said to me that the tighter the engine when new, the longer it will last IF RUN IN PROPERLY

So I reckon mine should be good for 500,000 miles :lol: . I ran it in meticulously, Oil consumption was Zero, then at 7000-8500 miles (first service) it shot up to 1 litre / 500 miles (and I thought I'd broke summink), and now is Zero again...strange but true B) !

A colleague has an A4 170bhp Diesel, he has now hit the magical 50,000 miles (in just over a year) and his car is being replaced by a 320d 177bhp. The Audi is averaging 45 mpg from new, mainly motorway drives.

Not driven one of those 177 Beemers yet, but he had a 3 day test drive and the car averaged just under 55mpg according to the trip on purely motoray run of 200 miles, so even with a marging of 10% over-read, that 50mpg, and he didn't spare the horses at all!

Ps - no matter what we say about them beemers, they do make economical cars! A 535d can almost match the IS220d, though it is E4.

Does anyone know the latest on that for company car drivers? If it costs in for E5 then I might ditch the car/allowance and get a company car!

My car was driven up the M1 for delivery from Nottingham to Leeds and I noticed this run was done at 39 mpg.

Since delivery I've done about 230 miles and so far have got 33.8 mpg (excluding the delivery mpg - I reset it), doing town driving only.

Not as good as my ol' Superb - I used to get about 54 out of that around town. Still happy with the switch though. Although I am not sure what decision I would have made this time next year when the new Superb is out.

Drammy

hi

can anyone tell me what they are getting in economy.. i have not done any motorway driving yet but i am only getting 30mpg around town.. i have done 800 miles around town and it is not improving.

car has done 27000 miles and just had the ECG valve replaced... still no difference.

cheers

hi there just to let you know i have a 220 sel m/m, done 1350 miles from new, getting high 30's around town, just looked, and its on 37.7 and thats with my wife driving it to and from the supermarket. on a longer run highest i have had was 45.7.

cheers

I've has my IS220d Sport for around 2 weeks now. It was previously my dad's but he had to give up driving due to health reasons and so I'm the new proud owner. I used to drive a Ford Mondeo ST TDCi and no matter how hard I drove it I never saw an average of less than 44mpg. I seem to drive the Lexus really gently yet struggle to get 39mpg on the same routes. Think I just have to accept the compromise for the IS being a heavier car.

my consumtion is in mixed conditions. I drive light footed however over here we drive a bit faster than in the UK (88mph on higway)

btw Jamboo, you don't need to turn AC off when going on motorway. ADAC did the AC constumption test and 120kW audi had the constumption 1,5% higher with the AC on.

Hi, I think it was Matus who suggested setting the rev light at 2000rpm and changing as soon as it comes on. This moved my mpg from 32 to 35. I feel that this is prob as good as it will get. My car has now covered 48k and I am on a countdown to get rid next September. Whilst it is a lovely place to sit and a lovely car to look at there are just far too many niggles with it. The car went in to limp home earlier this month and Lexus Leicester had it for 3 days and it's now fixed but seems to be running very lumpy. I did hear there is a new update regarding mpg anyone know if this is true??

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links