Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Calipers Finally Done

Parthiban

After years of just being lazy, my calipers finally got so bad I had to sort them out! I know I chickened out painting them black, decided to go for classy over racy, but well chuffed with the result as they look OEM..........if I ever do them again, think I will properly grind them down and make them smooth as that would look much better than the rough surface they have now.

Few pics below:

277807432.jpg

277807451.jpg

277807443.jpg

277807436.jpg

277807428.jpg

277807434.jpg

Also finally got around to sticking the little "sport" sticker on the front of my TTE bumper (been sitting on my desk for months! :lol: )

277807446.jpg

Cheers to everyone who answered questions before I did this, made me well prepared!! :winky:

Cheers guys - the silver stickers on black show up really well peeking out from behind the wheels. Took a while but well worth it in the end, despite all the weird looks from neighbours wondering why I kept taking my wheels off and then putting them back on again :lol:

Yeah think that's exactly it, car's that were fitted with the styling kit as an option, have the Sport sticker on as far as i know - which is why this is what I got when I asked Chris.S for the sticker that goes in that gap. Think the TTE one probably comes with the bumper if you buy it as an accessory - I know when I bought the TTE lip spoiler, it came with a TTE sticker so I'd assume the same for the bumper.

Seems weird though that you've seen more with the TTE sticker, would've thought the majority of these bumpers would have been part of the styling kit rather than aftermarket add on so would have the Sport logo on it......... :unsure:

Where did you get the stickers? I just painted mine yesterday.

You can get the stickers from the LOC store - click on the dropdown on the right at the top of the screen. Not sure if they're in stock yet, but if not, just send Steve a PM and he might have some extras left over.

wow they look realy nice :)

did the job take long ?

Didn't take too long, needed 4 hours between coats, so there was a lot of taking wheels off and putting them back on - I spread it over 2 days so I could take my time.

looks nice mate (might be time to redo mine!!) - so how did you get the ceased bolt off in the end?

Thanks mate, yeah they came up really nice in the end....... About the bolts, I should really have just got a really long wrench, but was lazy and popped into a local garage who took them off for me! :winky:

When you coming round to paint mine Parthiban ? lol

Hehe, how much is it worth??? :whistling:

Looking really good there mate i really need to do mine.

I also noticed that your front brakes seem to cover more of the disc than mine do but i'm going to check after work.

Cheers!

That seems odd though, don't think the brakes changed at any point - must be my awesome photography skills!! :lol:

Where did you get the stickers? I just painted mine yesterday.

You can get the stickers from the LOC store - click on the dropdown on the right at the top of the screen. Not sure if they're in stock yet, but if not, just send Steve a PM and he might have some extras left over.

I got some silver ones from Steve a few weeks back. He hasn't got all the colors that are normally available though.

Looking really good there mate i really need to do mine.

I also noticed that your front brakes seem to cover more of the disc than mine do but i'm going to check after work.

yours will be exactly the same so no need 2 check..

Also finally got around to sticking the little "sport" sticker on the front of my TTE bumper (been sitting on my desk for months! :lol: )

277807446.jpg

Cheers to everyone who answered questions before I did this, made me well prepared!! :winky:

Where did you get the Sport sticker from mate. Im about to get my front bumper reprayed and need a new one.

Cheers

Gazza

A bit of topic! But what do you use to clean the inside of your wheel arches, they look spotless.

No probs mate! Just use a pressure washer, shove the nozzle in behind the wheels, and watch all the gunk pour out :)

Actually wish I had done it again once the wheels were off but didn't have time - it appears there are many more places were rubbish accumulates when the suspension is compressed :lol:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links