Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Model Vin Number? Help Help!

Mr.Andersson

Hi Altezza owners,

Got my car broken into yesterday morning @ 6:10... *****!

Need to get a new windows rear passenger (little triangle size)

The window places that my insurance company use needs the VIN model number, the only number I have on paper is the chassi number not the number they are looking for. Is anyone in here close to their RS 200 -00 > 05 and can have a little glanze inside the hod where the plate is? Can almost swear it's the chassi number there and not a modell number. The car is currently getting finger printed in the Police station so it's "safe" enough at the moment. Have little access to it from work and would love to be able to actually order the bloody glass today.

It's an Altezza RS200 -00 with Privacy glass windows in the back (not as the standard lexus comes with) pain in the... anyhu...

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :shutit:

/A

the frame or chassis number will start SXE10 followed by 7 numbers

then the model number will again start SXE10 but it will be followed by 5 or 6 letters

both are found on the vehicles chassis plate

Thanks Chris so there is a slight hope I can get the number, does anyone have a modell number handy??

So I dont have to travel to the police station at lunch time and not get this glass piece ordered before tomorrow.

Regards

A

the frame or chassis number will start SXE10 followed by 7 numbers

then the model number will again start SXE10 but it will be followed by 5 or 6 letters

both are found on the vehicles chassis plate

Thanks MacRS200;

think the post actually states there is a SXE10- followed by 5 letters (not numbers as the chassicode) thats the stuff I need.

Cant get the glass without that. :/

I can give you my model code but i think they won't know what to do with it.... most of those places won't have any stock for an altezza so will offer the glass for an IS200, it will fit but the privacy glass on the Tezza is much darker...

There's a crashed Tezza being broken on the Tezzaworld site might get a better result, not sure if it has privacy glass though :blush:

mine has the privacy glass, so i'll go out for ya and take a picture of my plate... give them this info and see! ;)

image removed ... job done ;)

phone quality... :(

Model GF-SXE10-AEAVF-Z

mines an auto but i don't think that would effect the glass.... lol

Noel, I'd take that down now if I were you, just in case.

Good luck in resolving your problem MrA, hopefully soonish!

Jamie

Thanks Jamie,

Why hurry taking it down? Surely that does not matter? Different story with c/n... ooh yeah the photo showed that ;) nevermind!

Rgrds

MrA

• 3 weeks later...
Noel, I'd take that down now

Jamie

Done... :winky:

Thanks Noel do owe u a pint :D a bit of wind noise when doing 160+ otherwise ok with the new glass, will call the dealer later on and see if they can sort it.

New Alarm fitted also so hopefully that will keep the boogieman away!!

Thanks again

MrA

Jamie

Thanks Noel do owe u a pint :D a bit of wind noise when doing 160+ otherwise ok with the new glass, will call the dealer later on and see if they can sort it.

Thanks again

MrA

No problem... glad to help :)

btw was the tint colour of the replacement glass a perfect match?

Jamie

Thanks again

MrA

No problem... glad to help :)

btw was the tint colour of the replacement glass a perfect match?

Perect match!!! Think that's why I had to wait for a week... It's called privacy glass and is an option for LEXUS IS 200.

MrA