Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Interior Cleaning & Gearbox

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone has any tips on what to use and how to clean the beige lipari cellensia interior? It looks like it could be quite sensitive to the wrong type of products or techniques so I thought I would see if anyone has any tips from previous experience.

On another note, I have an IS220d Sport and seem to think that the gear change between 1st & 2nd and then between 2nd and 3rd is very stiff. Having come from a top end Ford (with a very good gearbox), am I making a mountain out of a molehill or have others with the same model experienced smooth shifting?

Thanks.

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone has any tips on what to use and how to clean the beige lipari cellensia interior? It looks like it could be quite sensitive to the wrong type of products or techniques so I thought I would see if anyone has any tips from previous experience.

On another note, I have an IS220d Sport and seem to think that the gear change between 1st & 2nd and then between 2nd and 3rd is very stiff. Having come from a top end Ford (with a very good gearbox), am I making a mountain out of a molehill or have others with the same model experienced smooth shifting?

Thanks.

Hi, Not sure on your cleaning question, but in relation to the gearbox. I have just purchased a IS220 Sport and feel the gearbox is very notchy and springy between 1st and 2nd. There is a definate clunk (prop shaft maybe?) when you change from 1st to 2nd unless you are extreamly careful with the clutch. I had a demo car for a day before I purchased mine, it had done 6K miles and was much worse than mine is, I did ask the dealer about it and he felt that there was a problem with the demo and assured me that the gearbox would be top notch. I have traded up from a 56 plate golf GT TDI and the gearbox on that was very smooth. I have since tlooked around the internet and the biggest critism (from roadtest's) the Lexus gets is around the gearbox. It is irratating, but something that we may just have to adapt to.

Same problem here on the IS250 Sport, from 1st -> 2nd and 2nd - 3rd (clunk) it just doesn't change right, you can get smooth if you shift slowly and accurately but that is very rare.

I used to think it was my driving but it obviously isn't. This is a major put of for me and I am now thinking that I made a mistake getting the manual and should have gone for the SE-L Auto. :(

Same problem here on the IS250 Sport, from 1st -> 2nd and 2nd - 3rd (clunk) it just doesn't change right, you can get smooth if you shift slowly and accurately but that is very rare.

I used to think it was my driving but it obviously isn't. This is a major put of for me and I am now thinking that I made a mistake getting the manual and should have gone for the SE-L Auto. :(

I would have gone for an auto (if they did one in the Diesel!) Considering how much effort Lexus has put into the rest of the car it seems a real let down. Was the IS200 the same, could anyone comment? Maybe they have just rushed this into production and we will see a change when the mid life 'tweak' is done. I don't know but correct me if I am wrong (I am sure someone will :unsure: ) maybe it is just the lack of experience of manufacturing rear wheel drive cars?

Sorry Paul still doesn't answer your question on cleaning! B)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links