Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My son started at University today and took his Corsa SXi with him. He hasn't been driving long, and as it's around 110 miles of motorway he followed me there with both cars loaded with his gear.

Decided I'd better not teach him too many bad habits so set the cruise at 75 mph most all the way and was absolutely gobsmacked as my IS250 returned 39.8 mpg for the journey there :o .

Different cruise speed on the way back though, and it returned to it's usually average for the mway of around 32 mpg :whistling:

My son started at University today and took his Corsa SXi with him. He hasn't been driving long, and as it's around 110 miles of motorway he followed me there with both cars loaded with his gear.

Decided I'd better not teach him too many bad habits so set the cruise at 75 mph most all the way and was absolutely gobsmacked as my IS250 returned 39.8 mpg for the journey there :o .

Different cruise speed on the way back though, and it returned to it's usually average for the mway of around 32 mpg :whistling:

I never get more than 32 mpg - it must be my driving!!! Off to Bournemouth with work tomorrow and will get 5k on the clock - what about you?

I never get more than 32 mpg - it must be my driving!!! Off to Bournemouth with work tomorrow and will get 5k on the clock - what about you?

Nearly 14K, but I purchased it December 2005 so it's still low mileage...if I knew then I was going to spend most of 2006/7 in the U.S. I wouldn't have bought it. :shifty:

Nearly 14K, but I purchased it December 2005 so it's still low mileage...if I knew then I was going to spend most of 2006/7 in the U.S. I wouldn't have bought it. :shifty:

Hi tango,

yep - have done many motorway miles with cruise set at 70 and got about the same m.p.g of somtimes above - also the tank average looks great - but come back into the urban jungle of town and city driving then its back to normal 27-30ish m.p.g.purchased ours about the same time as yours and have 16.5 k on the clock .

cheers

swager

Interesting thread. I would have expected better MPG than the 32MPG you are getting given that this is a 2.5L 4 cylinder engine. I am surprised to note that our E46 330i (saloon) would return circa 30MPG with cruise set @ 80MPH - and thats a 6 cylinder engine. I'm not sure how many BHP and torque these IS' throw out but given that they are a 4 cylinder engine, I would have expected better. I wonder tough if they come in a lower RFL band to offset things with the 330i?

Interesting thread. I would have expected better MPG than the 32MPG you are getting given that this is a 2.5L 4 cylinder engine. I am surprised to note that our E46 330i (saloon) would return circa 30MPG with cruise set @ 80MPH - and thats a 6 cylinder engine. I'm not sure how many BHP and torque these IS' throw out but given that they are a 4 cylinder engine, I would have expected better. I wonder tough if they come in a lower RFL band to offset things with the 330i?

The IS250 has a six cylinder V6 petrol engine. The 220D is the only second generation IS that has a four cyclinder diesel engine. My 250 returned circa 40 mpg @75 mph compared to your E46 330i's 30 mpg @ 80 mph :whistling:

The IS250 has a six cylinder V6 petrol engine. The 220D is the only second generation IS that has a four cyclinder diesel engine. My 250 returned circa 40 mpg @75 mph compared to your E46 330i's 30 mpg @ 80 mph :whistling:

My IS250 SE-L was one year old last Saturday. It has about 7,500 on the clock, most of which has been local, urban and rural motoring. The overall average for that year, based upon actual written records of all petrol in and all miles done, is pretty much precisely 30 m.p.g.

On the occasional long motorway journey with cruise set at 70 m.p.h I get indicated tank averages of up to 44 m.p.g. but the computer is always optimistic and the real figures based upon petrol in and miles done were more like 39 m.p.g. Still pretty good IMHO.

My IS250 SE-L was one year old last Saturday. It has about 7,500 on the clock, most of which has been local, urban and rural motoring. The overall average for that year, based upon actual written records of all petrol in and all miles done, is pretty much precisely 30 m.p.g.

On the occasional long motorway journey with cruise set at 70 m.p.h I get indicated tank averages of up to 44 m.p.g. but the computer is always optimistic and the real figures based upon petrol in and miles done were more like 39 m.p.g. Still pretty good IMHO.

Please forgive a stupid question, but where on the IS250 can I find the MPG figure? (model is250 sport multimedia). On a mix of urban/mway driving I am estimating 30mgp average but that's a crude guess based on filling the tank/remembering the mileage!

Please forgive a stupid question, but where on the IS250 can I find the MPG figure? (model is250 sport multimedia). On a mix of urban/mway driving I am estimating 30mgp average but that's a crude guess based on filling the tank/remembering the mileage!

Should come up on the trip computer. The button is one the right hand side of the steering wheel (if it's the same as mine!!!!)

where on the IS250 can I find the MPG figure?

Top centre of dashboard display is a rectangular window that shows a range of information at your choice.

Cycle through the data available by repeated pressing of the "Display" button on the right side of the steering wheel.

Info available includes overall average, tank average and instantaneous current consumption and lots of other stuff.

On my vehicle (and I assume all UK registered cars normally) the consumption figures are displayed in m.p.g.

I guess that for cars registered elsewhere the equivalents may be in litres and kilometres.

I also assume that there must be a menu somewhere that will allow a change of the displayed units but I have no idea how that menu may be accessed.

Thanks Sagitar, this is it! (UK car)

You're welcome . . . . :winky:

I should also have said that the trip computer figures are optimistic in my experience.

The trip on my car claims an overall average of 31.6 m.p.g. whereas my own written records show only 30 m.p.g.

If you really want to know what is going on, there is no substitute for proper records of petrol purchases and mileage . . . . . . :tomato:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links