Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Do You Think I Should Paint

Well guys got bored again today so thought i'd carry on cleaning the engine bay up a little so made a cover for the engine, even though its still a work in progress at the moment but looks a bit better than all the wiring then sprayed it and then crackled the paint for a bit of an effect and had a bit of a clean again :winky: Anyway i was just looking at the pic and thought do i paint the strut brace supports to match the rest or should i leave them blue as maybe a little too much Red already?? What do you guys think?? :D

Wow! thats alot of RED! :P

Looks good mate, really liking that engine cover, do you still have a template for that? :whistling:

i already have a stainless engine cover but want something more like that!

I think it may be too red if you paint the strut ends, what about getting them chrome plated???? then possibly getting a few more bits of stainless/chrome under the engine bay, may well help tie it all in!

I have a few bits of stainless stuff i may be swapping for carbon parts but not too sure yet!?!?!?

keep up the good work Chris :)

Jason :P

i do like Chrome shiny bits ;) i did think it was a bit much being all red and i'm just making another cover in a different color to try on, I could paint that one again as i'm not sure on it at the moment :unsure: it needs something to set the red off and chrome would look good, aswell as different hoses Oh dear there goes my bank balance again :lol::lol:

Jason yes mate still got the template was very simple to do to be honest as i made it to fit round the induction kit and original covers :D

I really like that engine cover fancy doing me one in Blue?

Whats it made of?

Tis a lot of red i agree with Jas some chrome would break it up a treat.

Serious about the cover though, get a production line started! i'll be your first supercharged test engine if you want?

Stav

i do like Chrome shiny bits ;) i did think it was a bit much being all red and i'm just making another cover in a different color to try on, I could paint that one again as i'm not sure on it at the moment :unsure: it needs something to set the red off and chrome would look good, aswell as different hoses Oh dear there goes my bank balance again :lol::lol:

Jason yes mate still got the template was very simple to do to be honest as i made it to fit round the induction kit and original covers :D

I think a few parts of chrome and bling will sort it out!

Get the ends of the strut brace plated, they useually charge a set price for chroming so it makes sense getting a few parts done at the same time!

How is the engine cover fised in place? Also what have you made it from???

Just doing one for Brian(TUFF1) at the moment just got to make a few mods to it as mines a tight fit but you never know matey :D

Edit: its made out of JCB lads as some of you know thats where i work :lol: It fits over the top of the oil inlet and the oil cap goes over the top so it holds it in place very simple but works a treat had it on the car a week now to see if there are any problems and nothing so far, So quite happy with it as there is no movement or anything in it.. :)

Chris

I got a set from Dave (Mr ProLex) in red, not far of the colour of the PiperX hosing. Moffat I think got the blue hoses, you could PM him see where he got them from.

Cheers Bobby :D he's got a few colours by the looks of it so might have to invest in a set and hopefullyi've got some more bits to go on the car in the next few days ;)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links