Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Impreza Performance

cookiexxmonster

No disrespect to Chris.S i know you know your stuff pal,but imho you wont get anything near impreza power form a supercharged IS200,i own a Scd IS and you will feel you are going backwards if you try it on with a scoobie.The only way to even have a wiff of impreza performance you need a turbo,and beleive me even that is gonna be hard work coming close to its performance,unless you spend alot of money on the project,sourcing the best parts/workmanship.Its always gonna be cheaper/easier to buy a performance bulit car,not try to change a luxury car into one.BUT if, as you say its the place you like to be and youve got dedication/money/balls of steel go down the turbo route and you could have a seriously quick car,that can shock,but it can also be a terrible shock to your wallet if you dont go about it in the correct way.Try and speak to some of the turbo people on LOC like Monster Mat/Adie/Ellz etc they will give you a true insight into the costs and hi's/lows of going down the turbo route.

depends on what impreza you buy, most of the UK versions were only 218bhp, i know i had one.

you can get close to that with just a supercharger but get more than that you need to spend big bucks

Owning a 52 plate JDM spec WRX Sti (sold my Lex 2 weeks ago ) as the guys say speak to the lads with the turbo kits, my Scoob is running a tad over 300bhp , and to get that kinda power you will be spending BIG BUCKS.

I think that 240 is good with the turbo on standard internals , over that mark then its uprated everyting, if you want scooby just power buy one :)

If you want to beat a scooby then get internal and go turbo looking at 10k maybe more depending if you can do any of the work yourself, and how much power you want.

If you want to keep up with a scooby not the STi's etc then a fairly modded supercharged like yemgi's could do it thats running pretty much the same as my turbo'd is with 190rwhp which is 230-240hp at the fly. Then you can keep standard internals which will save you the bulk of that 10k.

But yes i would agree an yemgi an altezza would be a better starting point with more mods on selves.

Hope that helps. :)

Or you could pm adie as i think he still is selling his which is around 400-450bhp