Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Everything went well at the dealership this morning, I can oly describe Lexus Leicester as excellent from start to finish and especially to Jeff who I dealt with in sales.

I have part exchanged my old IS250 for a new IS250 SE-L with auto and MM in Velevet Black and Pembroke leather. The car looked stunning in the handover bay, an enjoyable experience.

Below is a picture outside the dealership - hope it works as I haven't used Virgin Media photo box before:

Only down side of the day is why I was at the dealer I got a phone call from Paintshield to say the fitter had badly cur their hand this morning and was in caualty. So that was cancelled and I'm not sure what I will do about this now as it'll be a 100 mile trip and if it's picked up stone chips on thw way back today or next week then there is no point in doing it. I'll driver carefully and leave bigger gaps and see how it goes.

You've got another one - I reckon you must have had more cars from Lexus than anyone else on here by now :)

Congratulations anyway fella, hope this one is going to be ok, you've had a right run of bad luck in the past with your cars, it's about time it was ok for once :)

Looks lovely btw!

Looks really nice mate, good choice! Did you swap for a brand new one then?

Btw, for all those that have been talking about the new C-class a lot recently - saw an '07' plate on the back of a tow truck yesterday, which has quite firmly put the IS back at the top of the pile :D

Aido - yes it's my 4th Lexus since March 2003.

It's a new one this time. I got offered such a good deal at Leicester I would have been a fool to go for the demo. Got a discount on the new car and a top part exchange so was happy to do the deal with them. I got an SEL new for nearly £2k less than another dealer was offering a new SE ;)

Just getting up the energy to get the Carlack and P21S out.

nice car mate. saw it parked in collection bay when i went there to sort something out for my car. i have IS220d sport, got it from them on 20.08.07.

great service at lexus leicester, had an is200 sport navigator off them before and was very pleased. hope you enjoy your new car, see you around.

Some more pictures after eight hours of cleaning !! Washed with Macguires Gold Class, dried, Carlack paint cleanser, Carlack long life sealant two coats. P21s wax and then an extra buff. hard work but well worth it for the results you get.

Hope it works:

**** UPDATED LINK ***

http://www.virginmediaphotos.co.uk/album/6580718

I had an IS250 Auto for 24 hours last week whilst mine was in for a Water Pump

and while it was there I had the Timing Belt, Idler & Tensioner done too.

It was an 07 plate with just 800 miles on it. After 120miles in 24 hours of

spirited driving I gotta say I'm impressed, it handles well, and sticks very

well due to having Toyo's on fitted. The Mark Levinson System was good for

a factory fitted stereo, however it doesn't touch mine especially in the bass

department :winky:

I loved the Reversing Camera + I also loved the Paddle change but mostly

kept it in PWR + Auto mode and concentrated on the road ahead and any

blue lights in the rear view mirror. :whistling:

Steve - matey - NICE - that's all I can say! What a fantastic car! The Carlack does it justice too - I almost reported it as an obscene image - it's that good - mirror like mate!

You really will need to get that Paintshield on it asap - I wish I'd done the same...say no more!

Couple of questions:

Tyres - what make do you have on this/what were on your previous car?

Is the SE-L spec worth it? Would you have gone SE-L if you had not got such a good deal?

Good luck and enjoy!!

You've bought the model I much prefer Steve. The "L"costs £2,100 more than the SE, the parking sensors for me are a must. Both have leather and as I've never had them I could live without the HID headlights, the I-AFS lighting system, rain sensing wipers, Electro-chromatic mirrors, Electro adjust steering column, the memory seat package I admit is useful, but for me the wood trim is a must, I think it lifts the interior of the car to another level. I asked the dealer if it would be possible to have the parking sensors and wood trim fitted to an SE, yes to the sensors, about £800, but no to the trim.

Ultimately it's down to how much you want to fork out, can you get everything you want or are you going to have to compromise. The wood trim may be an age thing, as a nipper I used to drool over Mk 2 Jags with polished walnut, shiny aluminium seems to be in vogue at the moment.

It looks very nice, hope it gives you a lot of pleasure.

P21s is a company name - they make a Carnauba Wax (made from plant extract - like Beeswax) - totally natural product (or should be)...but they make other stuff too...

http://www.carsparkle.com/cgi-bin/cp-app.c...at=&catstr=

Above link to a brilliant supplier

Remember - it's not chalky, not abrasive, smells delicious (don't eat the stuff), and is very "soft". theer are some Carnauba's that cost £4000+..dunno how much better they are.

Souveran also make good carnauba wax's...Google it!

You need to let it harden after buffing for at least 24 hrs dependant on ambient temperature and apply more coats. The more the better...it's oily and really good - you need microfibres else you can end up pushing it over and over again...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links