Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Or get the P21S wax from Autopia for $31.99 (about half the price you pay in the UK, amazing considering it's a hand poured blend of German waxes + the Brazilian Carnauba). Use it over Klasse All-In-One, then keep it fresh with Sonus Carnauba Spritz quick detailer spray.

http://www.autopia-carcare.com/

Their forum is pretty good if you need to know all about detailing, especially the new products on the market http://autopia.org/

Jambo PaintShield booke for Wednesday mid day :) Keeping my distance until then.

Tyres are Toyo Proxy R32 on this car were Bridgestone Potenza on the SE. Not enough miles to judge any difference yet.

This spec. is well worth the extra £2k in my opinion, whether I would have paid it if the deal wasn't good I doubt - it's a question of what you can afford. But I am well pleased I have gone for the SE-L, it's more toys and most of them work on their own ;)

I must report it rained overnight and this morning ( did you notice ) and I'm now driving a dirty car :(

Jambo PaintShield booke for Wednesday mid day :) Keeping my distance until then.

Tyres are Toyo Proxy R32 on this car were Bridgestone Potenza on the SE. Not enough miles to judge any difference yet.

This spec. is well worth the extra £2k in my opinion, whether I would have paid it if the deal wasn't good I doubt - it's a question of what you can afford. But I am well pleased I have gone for the SE-L, it's more toys and most of them work on their own ;)

I must report it rained overnight and this morning ( did you notice ) and I'm now driving a dirty car :(

The joys of a Black car...!!

Everything went well at the dealership this morning, I can oly describe Lexus Leicester as excellent from start to finish and especially to Jeff who I dealt with in sales.

I have part exchanged my old IS250 for a new IS250 SE-L with auto and MM in Velevet Black and Pembroke leather. The car looked stunning in the handover bay, an enjoyable experience.

Below is a picture outside the dealership - hope it works as I haven't used Virgin Media photo box before:

Only down side of the day is why I was at the dealer I got a phone call from Paintshield to say the fitter had badly cur their hand this morning and was in caualty. So that was cancelled and I'm not sure what I will do about this now as it'll be a 100 mile trip and if it's picked up stone chips on thw way back today or next week then there is no point in doing it. I'll driver carefully and leave bigger gaps and see how it goes.

Fantastic looking motor mate, have to say that I am a little bias because I picked my new car on Saturday which is the same other than the 220d SE I also found the Newcastle dealership excellent.

You are one up on me I do not know how to post pics on the LOC site.

Enjoy your car - Merv (new boy)

Some more pictures after eight hours of cleaning !! Washed with Macguires Gold Class, dried, Carlack paint cleanser, Carlack long life sealant two coats. P21s wax and then an extra buff. hard work but well worth it for the results you get.

Hope it works:

**** UPDATED LINK ***

http://www.virginmediaphotos.co.uk/album/6580718

Have heard a lot about P21S not sure how to use on new car (Lexus 220d SE) should I be applying sealent first followed by P21S

newboy - yes - use a good non abrasive type product only - your car is new so it doesn't need polishing or anything harsh applied. Klasse (sold as Carlack68 in the UK) is excellent stuff, I couldn't recommend it highly enough for the money - and that P21s is just a wax - but a darn good one.

The chances are that your dealer had polished the car (possibly waxed it too), so it's ready now. Just wait for a dry day, give it a good gentle wash and apply the stuff. You will be amazed!!

ANd it's supposed to be as good as these dealer preperations where they charge you £300, for a fraction of the price DIY!!

Autopia have a good "learn" section, and if as Tango says with the way the £ is against the $, nows a good time to stock up...but just watch them shipping charges - a good UK retailer is www.carsparkle.co.uk - who I tend to use

newboy - yes - use a good non abrasive type product only - your car is new so it doesn't need polishing or anything harsh applied. Klasse (sold as Carlack68 in the UK) is excellent stuff, I couldn't recommend it highly enough for the money - and that P21s is just a wax - but a darn good one.

The chances are that your dealer had polished the car (possibly waxed it too), so it's ready now. Just wait for a dry day, give it a good gentle wash and apply the stuff. You will be amazed!!

ANd it's supposed to be as good as these dealer preperations where they charge you £300, for a fraction of the price DIY!!

Autopia have a good "learn" section, and if as Tango says with the way the £ is against the $, nows a good time to stock up...but just watch them shipping charges - a good UK retailer is www.carsparkle.co.uk - who I tend to use

Thanks for that Jamboo - have placed order with Carsparkle - Merv (newboy)

• 2 weeks later...

Just looking into upgrading to the 250 Sport and am in contact with Jeff at Leicester (even tho im in London!) as I bought my IS200 from there (not him specifically though)...

Its actually up for renewal in December but thought I should get the ball rolling... Been looking towards the Cadoxan Slate but they have a nice Winsor Blue at a decent price so could be swayed if he can do me a deal!!!

Cant wait to join the new generation!

Some more pictures after eight hours of cleaning !! Washed with Macguires Gold Class, dried, Carlack paint cleanser, Carlack long life sealant two coats. P21s wax and then an extra buff. hard work but well worth it for the results you get.

Hope it works:

**** UPDATED LINK ***

http://www.virginmediaphotos.co.uk/album/6580718

nice car mate. how much of the carlack did u buy? 500ml? don't know how much to get. i've been using zymol all this while, but might as well try this one now.

jamboo....do u think klasse would be ok on my car too? got it in june..virtually brand new? have been waxing etc since then? but am gonna use the klasse/p21 combo now

500 ml is plenty, you use it sparingly. I would think unless your paint is really damaged you can use it on much older cars that 4 months. Just make sure you use the Klasse cleaner first and don't rush any of it. Also use clean good quality microfibre cloths / towels/

I was looking for a demo on an 07 and found a couple then Lexus Leicester said what about a new one we have one in stock at a good price and it went from there. I tend not to keep my cars too long sometimes only 6 months just depends how I feel - sometimes it's three years though. New one is excellent only problem was tyre pressure on delivery and that paint protector film I had fitted, idea is good but ........... well I'll tell you another time. I'm over Worcester way.

500 ml is plenty, you use it sparingly. I would think unless your paint is really damaged you can use it on much older cars that 4 months. Just make sure you use the Klasse cleaner first and don't rush any of it. Also use clean good quality microfibre cloths / towels/

is there any point in after washing the car, using the carlack68 then the carlack68 sealant n then the p21? or just use the carlack68 then straight p21? also do u know if i need to wait any amount of time between these processes? lastly..should i remove the old wax first with something like a paint cleaner?? thankx

Everything went well at the dealership this morning, I can oly describe Lexus Leicester as excellent from start to finish and especially to Jeff who I dealt with in sales.

I have part exchanged my old IS250 for a new IS250 SE-L with auto and MM in Velevet Black and Pembroke leather. The car looked stunning in the handover bay, an enjoyable experience.

Below is a picture outside the dealership - hope it works as I haven't used Virgin Media photo box before:

Only down side of the day is why I was at the dealer I got a phone call from Paintshield to say the fitter had badly cur their hand this morning and was in caualty. So that was cancelled and I'm not sure what I will do about this now as it'll be a 100 mile trip and if it's picked up stone chips on thw way back today or next week then there is no point in doing it. I'll driver carefully and leave bigger gaps and see how it goes.

Steve (West Mids),

Kit77 on his thread "IS 250 Production Delays" states that his 250 SEL has been on order for three months, have you any comments? How long did you have to wait?

I purchased one in stock, agreed deal on Friday on the phone and picked it up the following Friday.

I should have said that it was in stock because it was going to be the next demo, but they sold me the new car rather than their used demo :)

I purchased one in stock, agreed deal on Friday on the phone and picked it up the following Friday.

I should have said that it was in stock because it was going to be the next demo, but they sold me the new car rather than their used demo :)

get a good price on it?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links