Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Decided To Stay

Nice one, the SC does transform the car quite heavily, nice sound too :)

Have to admit though if I was in your position I'd have probably gone with the RX8 - I do like them a lot, and with the optional sports body pack or whatever it's called they look absolutely fantastic imho, liked it from the second I saw it in X2.

I've had a few run-ins with the RX8's and they always look surprised as I come past :)

Nice one, the SC does transform the car quite heavily, nice sound too :)

Have to admit though if I was in your position I'd have probably gone with the RX8 - I do like them a lot, and with the optional sports body pack or whatever it's called they look absolutely fantastic imho, liked it from the second I saw it in X2.

I've had a few run-ins with the RX8's and they always look surprised as I come past :)

i know but we just found out were expecting another baby just wasnt sure about fitting all the stuff in the boot and two babyseats so im sticking with the is i did drive the 230bhp one was inpressed just a little slugish until the vvti kicks in about 3500- 4000revs then it just goes but not enough space boot wise

Well fancy this... An IS owner wanting to get the RX8. - Im glad u changed your mind as I made the mistake and learnt the expensive way from it back in january this year.

I was looking at either the Lotus Elise or the RX8. YUP the RX8 won due to everything it had including the full leather seats/sat nav/bose sound system/suiside doors/etc... Took the loan and went out to get one. Bought the 192BHP Model with all the extras in for £12,000 on a 53 plate with 33,000 miles on the clock. Insurance cost £3500 and indeed it was a beautiful car!!

Very Fast, DSC braking worked excellent on snake pass (road between manc and sheffield), equipment was excellent and there was even an owners club I joined like Lexus. Then it all went down hill. 22mpg as advertised was actually 14mpg (£25 petrol got you 90 miles). The daft rotary engine that sounded like a hairdryer had a common fault of froffy oil that the dealerships couldnt fix. Then on top of that as standard it uses 1 litre of oil every 1000 miles which would mean every 2 weeks you pay £15 for the special oil it uses.

Then the starter motor went which again was a common fault and an official UK recall. This was because the starter motor was never powerful enough to start the engine after the ever so common FLOODING issue. YES FLOODING. Stall the car at lights and your screwed - Another phone call to mazda assist and half a day wasted as your car wont start. Every morning I came out to it, I would worry as to whether the car would start or not. AND people said on the owners club "Its like a ticking time bomb that is gonna go any minute."

The customer service topped it for me when i went to RRG Mazda in Stockport which funnily enough is the lexus dealership too! They said it needed the new starter motor which was on recall however they wanted £500 for it as it was 2 months out of warranty. So after kicking off there I went to Mazda UK and complained and several weeks later I got a letter basically saying after having £22k for it at New they were not interested whatsoever regardless of it being a recall item.

So I got rid of the Car... £12,000 i bought it for and 7 weeks later I got top price on it of £10,000 (dealer offer to give me £9.5k for it). Very gutted and annoyed. I say its possibly the first and last mazda I will ever own in my lifetime.

The car should have been designed with a proper engine. RX actualy stands for Rotary Experimental - this of which is an experiment that started in the 1960's and still havent got right. A great shame really as it is a very good unuique looking car. As many people are worried and unsure of this technology they are prone to loose LOTS OF MONEY VERY FAST!

So yeah... I learnt the hard way and returned back to Lexus whom is very very reliable!!

ALSO IT WAS VERY EMBARRESSING TO BE STUCK IN THE MIDDLE FO JUNTIONS AND AT PETROL STATIONS BECAUSE THE CAR WOULDNT START. ESPECIALLY FOR A NEWISH SPORTS CAR!!

SHOCKING CAR AND SHOCKING CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

decided to stay with the lex was thinking of an RX-8 but decided to stay all i need now is a supercharger if anyone got one or thinking of slling let me know cash waiting :winky:

thanks

wayne

Nick the Greek's is back up for sale in the buy and sell section.

Get it bought.

Stav

decided to stay with the lex was thinking of an RX-8 but decided to stay all i need now is a supercharger if anyone got one or thinking of slling let me know cash waiting :winky:

thanks

wayne

Nick the Greek's is back up for sale in the buy and sell section.

Get it bought.

Stav

sent pm thanks for the head up hopefully got in there first this time missed a few in the past

I also used to have an RX8, 230 hp model in titanium grey! Even spent a grand getting a set of OZ alloys for it the wek after i bought it, that i never even put on!!!

I agree with sercombe, it was a fantastic car but the fuel costs were shocking, I once filled the tank( bout £60) then done 170 miles bedfore the fuel light came on!!!!

I thought there was something wrong with it!! That was driving a little spirited, byt even still its really bad!

A I also agree with the terrible customer service, from about a month after i bought the car from a Mazda dealer it started to make a horrible grinding noise from the rear brakes every time they got hot! The car went to Mazda no less than 6 times, they would do something that made the noise stop for bout 2-3 weeks then it would start again!

They could give no explanation and said I would just need to clean the brakes out every couple of weeks!!!!!!!

Had it bout 6 mths and got sick of it, lost bout 3k on the car by the time i sold!

You nade the right choice staying with the Lex

Sercombe - Nice write up mate and hopeully one that will be acknowledged. I think the RX8 is one of those cars that people love too much to criticise, even though they have continual faults. It would be interesting to see what GXR8 thinks of his now, the member that recently sold his Lex for a black RX8.

Wayne - Good luck in the hunt mate, I hope Nick's turns up good for you :)

All the best and thanks for the info,

Jamie

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links