Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all,

We are just about to buy our next car seat as our son is now 6 months and nearly ready for the next car seat up from newborn. Was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on what car seat to get as I know the seats in the back of the IS250 Sport are fairly "shaped" shall we say!!

Also, is isofix they way to go?? Has anyone bout the seat that Lexus offer

Help is much appreciated

I don't have kids, but I took once friends girl (1,5 y.o.) and she fit on back seat just so so!!

So be sure to check first, if the child seat fits with no problem on the backseat (I wouldn't place childseat on the front seat, as it has happened that even the aribag was switched off, it exploded.)

You will have to go the trial and error route im afraid as i did. You should try as many seats as possible to get the best fit (Halfords are good for try before you buy) but i use a car blanket that has been rolled up on one end to raise the rear of the child seat up and leave the rest to dangle over the seat as this protects the leather or the posh stuff they use in the sport model. Just make sure you follow the fitting instructions of the seat and all should be well as the rolled up blanket is just like extra seat padding and will compress as such. isofix are ok but not really any better than standard seats. will you be removing the seat very much etc. good luck

ISOFIX ain't cheap, but they do anchor down well. I nearly bought some for my previous car but they were extortionate and we managed to find Britax seats that were a very good fit - Luckily our oldest doesn't need a seat now and the youngest is almost out of the booster...

As Neo says, go try some - and make sure they fit really snug into the backrest and squab, without any tilt...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links