Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

hi all.

i am still on the dealer visitng rota in my search for my dream car the IS, either the petrol or diesel not decided either way yet. tyre kicking :whistling: is still the order of the day.

anyhow whislt on the interweb i came across the MOTORHOUSE web site and i see they have seven 06 plate IS220 Diesels up for sale all with under 20 k on the clock. in various colours.metalics.

the prices range from £15999 tp £17999. which is a lot lower than our local lex dealers.

does anyone have any knowledge as to why the lowewr prices and is MOTORHOUSE the supermarket based in cannock staffordshire up to the job. :shifty:

ps i know jambo has a few issues with his diesel. but i do like how the diesel pulls like a kid in a sweet shop..

regards mickey.j.

Hi mate,i live in stoke and my uncle had an S class of them last month.He too was sursprised and slightly worried that there may be a problem with the car,as similar spec from a dealer was £2-3k more.He went ahead and i have to say the car is perfect and felt as if nobody had ever driven it.He says the service was exactly like a merc dealer,just better cos youre wallet is assaulted less.

i only live a couple of miles away and pop in quite often for a look round, They had a saragasso green is220 in and a couple of others the last time i went up and there quite clean looking cars, but the 3 i looked at all had bumper scrapes front and back but worth a look as thay are very well priced at the moment? I looked at a brand new unreg'd scooby wrx and that was up for £12,995 a week ago and did wonder why it was so cheep as thay had about 6 of them on the same lot for the same price? maybe a lot of ex dealer stock to boost the sales figures but a good deal for the buyer by the look of it? ;)

This one doesn't look much of a bargain :

http://www.mh2k.com/inc/0005/images/no_def_img-m.png

Seriously I've bought a couple of cars from them in years gone by and they have been great at the price, just bear in mind you need to check them over like you would any car and don't expect a top part exchange if you have one.

I think that the car will be fine - remember - these motorhouses type places are all about selling volume so margins are lower - they get cars from Lease companies, hire companies (!) - in fact probably anywhere they can get cheap cars from.

Just make sure it has a full set of stanps in the service book (if it's 20k on the clock or near enough - it's gonna need the big service (£250-300 probably)) - and have a look at the Log book - see who owned it - that's always a clue!! If it's a Joe Bloggs it'll be fine no doubt, but if it's some Ltd company who knows how many drivers and what care they took...

The biggest one - make sure it was first Registered in the UK - the Service book should tell you which dealer did Register it. That way you have full warranty etc, and you know it's not imported from Ireland or anywhere else!!

If any of the documents are not available, look at another one...move on!! make sure you have 2 smart access keys and just check the usual stuff...

I reckon it's well worth it!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links