Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi guys n gals,

I have had my IS220d for about 3 weeks now and am enjoying it.

I have found recently that if I turn the A/C off my windows steam up straight away. Does anyone else have this problem or does everyone just leave their A/C on?

I live in Leeds so no real need for A/C during the winter months (summer months too, this year!)

Thanks,

Drammy

Every car I have ever owned with Climate/Air Conditioning has acted

that way if more than just me in the car. I think the A/C helps to

remove moisture from the air inside the car & hence helps to stop the mist.

I find if I leave the drivers window open just an inch when I am alone

in the car normally keeps misting in check, but then you get traffic noise.....

Mist on the windscreen can be revealing of strange things.

Once with my children in the car (6 & 9 at the time) the

windscreen started to mist up at the start of a heavy shower,

showing the imprint of a pair of barefeet about a size 6.......

explain that to the Ex-Wife when dropping them home

when it is all your Daughter is talking about :tsktsk:

Children, don't they come out with some little gems ;)

Hi guys n gals,

I have had my IS220d for about 3 weeks now and am enjoying it.

I have found recently that if I turn the A/C off my windows steam up straight away. Does anyone else have this problem or does everyone just leave their A/C on?

I live in Leeds so no real need for A/C during the winter months (summer months too, this year!)

Thanks,

Drammy

I just leave mine on all the time - but when I have knocked it off, the windows do mist quite quickly.

Has occured on all cars I've had with aircon too. May also be something to do with how well cars are insulated these days, no draughts.

Read in last weekends Telegraph you should leave your aircon switched on all year as failure to do so could result in the seals drying out, apparently the refrigerant contains a lubricant. It also said using the aircon on a 2 litre car took no more than 3bhp and increased fuel consumption by 2 mpg. Opening a window or sunroof, it concludes, has a worse effect on economy.

Has occured on all cars I've had with aircon too. May also be something to do with how well cars are insulated these days, no draughts.

Read in last weekends Telegraph you should leave your aircon switched on all year as failure to do so could result in the seals drying out, apparently the refrigerant contains a lubricant. It also said using the aircon on a 2 litre car took no more than 3bhp and increased fuel consumption by 2 mpg. Opening a window or sunroof, it concludes, has a worse effect on economy.

exactly! you should use the aircon all year round otherwise the system will need major work

The AC does dry the air out and cool the pipework/vents. When you switch it off, the moisture in the air condensates in on the cold surfaces in the blower, pipes, vents etc...

As the blower is still on and the screen cool, you start to see condensation...sometimes followed by a musty smell. It's all normal. It's ths moisture where the Bacterial spores grow which make the car smell like old socks...

That's my thoery...it's like taking a cold can out of the fridge - air moisture immediately condensates on the cool surface

My Climate/AC is on all the time - it's supposed to ionise the air (dehumidify) which is supposed to be better for you...??? The theory that AC on causes more fuel consumption is constantly under debate and makes no difference as far as I can tell...

Guess I'll be leaving it on then :unsure: I am sure I get about 5 miles more mpg with it off.

Anyway if it means less maintenance I will leave it on permanently.

Thanks guys.

As for the weather in Leeds, which flags are cracking? The Union Jacks that have been frozen all summer perhaps... :winky:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links